needing opinions

Options
I'm 24, and I gained over 100 lbs with my pregnancy at 17. I did have complications & was high risk. Without going into long details I blame but can not fully blame my complicated pregnancy for that much weight gain.
I was 160 and the day I was induced I weighed 274. I am now bouncing between 220 and 215. I don't recall what I weighed right after. I never wanted to step on the scale.
***question is... Is it too much to expect to get back to pre-pregnancy weight? I wasn't skinny but comfortable and confident.

Replies

• Monikaj4
    Monikaj4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i think you can def. do it!!! you can even make it to below 160 pounds. give it time, patience, and commitment
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, and I gained over 100 lbs with my pregnancy at 17. I did have complications & was high risk. Without going into long details I blame but can not fully blame my complicated pregnancy for that much weight gain.
    I was 160 and the day I was induced I weighed 274. I am now bouncing between 220 and 215. I don't recall what I weighed right after. I never wanted to step on the scale.
    ***question is... Is it too much to expect to get back to pre-pregnancy weight? I wasn't skinny but comfortable and confident.

It is totally possible. When I got pregnant 22 years ago I weighed 120. I gained 60 lbs. For the next 20 years I struggled with my weight, topping out at 173. My doctor told me I can get down to 125, I thought she was nuts. I did get down to 126 but now maintain between 125-130.
    I did it with calorie counting, exercise, persistence and patience. I had tried everything and stupid me did not believe it was as simple as calories in calories out. So, yes. you can expect and should strive for pre pregnancy weight!
  • brittanyhosmannmiller
    Options
    Thank you. I think my problem is I'm so impatient. I love food. And hate sweating.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    If you love food (as I do), you might enjoy trying new lower calorie versions of things you love. OR just experimenting with different fruits and vegetables. Eat at a calorie deficit, weigh and track your food...not magic, just good old fashioned hard work. It's totally worth it!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    embrace the sweat!!!! :D This really works, but it's not a straight path. There is much reading, learning, tweeking, measuring, changing goals to be done. But it's so worth it in the end and something I have grown to love to do!
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can do it! The awesome thing is you don't have to miserable while doing it. It's about making better choices but not depriving yourself. Usually if you follow the 80/20 rule you'll be ok. So 80% of the time you're eating less sugar, less meat, less diary, less processed foods. 20% of the time you're eating whatever you like (within reason). If you don't like sweating then start with just moving more. I love hula hooping, zumba, belly dancing, and yoga. I also love the gym and jogging though. I gained over 100 lbs with my first child and lost it all the first year. Unfortunately, I had three more kids and it gets harder to lose the weight each time. I have about a hundred left to lose now but it's consistently coming off now and I'm feeling amazing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup... you gotta want it bad enough.
  • brittanyhosmannmiller
    Options
    I have for the past few years done the healthier option. Cut out almost completely fried foods and soda and back on track with cigarettes since December. Only maintained roughly the same weight. Plexus helped me lose inches and lbs. Just too expensive.
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do this. MFP is the best place to be motivated. Just keep logging.