Has anyone used Herbalife?

Options
I just am not sure if this is a safe way to jump start a diet?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Post-25055-NOPE-not-doing-that-gif-S3vn.gif
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a good way. Just start eating a calorie deficit. Weigh and measure everything you eat otherwise you truly do not know how many calories you are consuming. Diets don't need jump starts...just work on moderation :)
  • KaryLoaiza88
    KaryLoaiza88 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yep, tried it for about a month. I felt tired, grumpy and hungry every day. I managed to lose 24 lbs but then I stopped it, went back to eating normal but healthy, gained them all back in a week. Plus, lost a lot of money because that **** is expensive.

Now I've lost 31 lbs in the past 4 months, mantaining it and I keep on losing weight, without feeling grumpy, hungry or tired.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You can't "jump start" a diet. In fact, I've observed and experienced that slow positive changes are the ones that stick the best. Don't get in a hurry.
  • RoToQ
    RoToQ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Start as you mean to go on. The best way to start is start trying to find healthy recipes you love and build up a collection of healthy meals from there.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No jump start required, and no need to spend a lot of money on something that gives you a calorie deficit. Just eat in moderation and log everything, you can then take the money you saved and spend it on something to celebrate the weight that you've lost by logging your food.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No jump start required, and no need to spend a lot of money on something that gives you a calorie deficit. Just eat in moderation and log everything, you can then take the money you saved and spend it on something to celebrate the weight that you've lost by logging your food.
  • pattifreemyer
    pattifreemyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tried this for a month. My kidneys starting hurting, so I immediately stopped it. Of course, Herbalife told me it was an adjustment and to drink more water, but I was too scared to continue. The pain went away when I stopped using their product, so it was terrible for me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    It sent my best friend to the hospital... I'm not getting near that stuff. :noway:
  • Jesslynn3282
    Jesslynn3282 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since 2011, I did manage to get from 230 to 172 within a few years.However, I did get into a comfortable relationship with my now husband and I've been struggling now for a few years and haven't been faithful to my diet , I admit this! However I keep trying to count calories and use this site again and for a few days I'll do good then all of sudden I fail again ....I've been doing this for a year now and I have gained 79 lbs with in 2 years. I just figured something may help to show me results to where maybe I'm not so depressed about not getting anywhere and end up keep gaining. I know some people frown upon certain things, I was just looking to see if there were bad reviews on a product that's all.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of weight loss supplements which results that ranged from 'no weight loss' to 'no weight loss and it made me sick'.

I've come to the conclusion that there is sadly nothing to help jump-start weight loss or offer that precious quick-results ray of hope-- I know I would really like to get that feeling too.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If you keep giving up after a few days, it sounds to me like you are being too strict with yourself too quickly.

Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't expect quick results. The first step is to slow down your weight gain. You can then work toward getting a weight loss.

If I were you, I would log everything without changing what you are eating for a few weeks. Don't be afraid of the red numbers. You just want some data to look at to see your trends. You can then look through your diary and decide on small changes that you can handle to bring down your overall calorie intake a little at a time.

If you need more structure, you might want to try Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, or even just buying Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice frozen dinners for most of your meals. Keep an eye on the sodium if you do that because they do tend to be packed with sodium.
  • Jesslynn3282
    Jesslynn3282 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Thanks Seska I think I kept setting myself up for failure for a little while because I was trying to lose weight for my wedding which was March 7th so I was very strict , now I shouldn't put myself in a time zone to lose. Maybe that will help....