c section

Options
Hey guys I had a c section almost a year ago and I have a pouch on my lower belly how can I get rid of it?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Lift + calorie deficit is what is helping mine
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    The c section isn't the cause of the pooch, though the scar may make it more apparent. Lose the weight/fat and it will come off the belly when it's ready. Loose skin/scar will be a different issue but you won't know how well it will smooth out until you reach your goal.
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    The c section isn't the cause of the pooch, though the scar may make it more apparent. Lose the weight/fat and it will come off the belly when it's ready. Loose skin/scar will be a different issue but you won't know how well it will smooth out until you reach your goal.

This. I have has 3 c-sections. Once I lost the weight, my pooch slimmed a lot. I have 20lbs to go and I am sure it will be gone 100% I honestly think it is from having a baby, and not necessarily from having a c-section.
  • Bossladiii72
    Bossladiii72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I lost 10lbs so far I have ab 20 more to go!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Any of you have strange and involuntary muscle cramps in your abdomen muscles after your c section? Every now and then mine will decide it is time to contract and it is painful and I have to stretch to make it stop. Am I alone on this one?
  • gilmoregirl79
    gilmoregirl79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a myomectomy (a horrible surgery that repairs the uterus) which left the same type of scar and pooch. With me being at my heaviest during the time of the surgery i was left with a pooch after loosing some of the weight. I did loads of cardio (which helps tone the whole body) and its back flat. Doing spin class 3-4 times a week, running on the other 2, working out with kettle bells, and a decent diet has been my routine. I had the surgery in Sept 2015 and I noticed it was completely flat in Feb. I know its not exactly the same as a c-section but I hope my experience helps.