Numbers won't move

Options
A couple months ago I decided to get back on the horse after gaining 20 lbs post-wedding. Now it seems like the scale WILL NOT MOVE. I've been eating well - tracking everything on MFP and sticking between 1300 and 1500 almost every day. I've been moving a lot - walking to and from work (over an hour), adding in runs and weightlifting when I can, trying to get to the gym 3 times a week. MY Fitbit says I'm burning over 2000 calories a day.

Now it's been almost 2 month and I am the EXACT SAME WEIGHT as I was when I started!!! To the point at which I am convinced either my scale is broken or I am.

Has anyone been struggling with this?

Replies

• CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been gaining and losing the same lb each week for a month. Its weird. Because its exactly 138.2 one week and then 139 the next. MY weigh in day is Thursday, so I am HOPING that I see something different this week. I eat about 1200-1400 calories a day, closer to the 1400. Cardio 30 min x 5-6 days a week, lifting 3 days a week for 4-5 exercises, 3-4 reps per lifting session. I have been tracking my steps as well.
  • abbccdde
    abbccdde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not alone!
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring/weighing everything you eat on a food scale? Your logging may be inaccurate and you are actually eating more than you think. Also, 2000 calories burnt a day seems like a lot..
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If you are burning over 2000 calories a day, then you beed to eat more
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    abbccdde wrote: »
    A couple months ago I decided to get back on the horse after gaining 20 lbs post-wedding. Now it seems like the scale WILL NOT MOVE. I've been eating well - tracking everything on MFP and sticking between 1300 and 1500 almost every day. I've been moving a lot - walking to and from work (over an hour), adding in runs and weightlifting when I can, trying to get to the gym 3 times a week. MY Fitbit says I'm burning over 2000 calories a day.

Now it's been almost 2 month and I am the EXACT SAME WEIGHT as I was when I started!!! To the point at which I am convinced either my scale is broken or I am.

Has anyone been struggling with this?

I had that problem last time I did this. Don't worry it shall pass. You gaining muscle burning fat. Trust me. Just be sure to protein up after your work out and before too long you will start to loss real fast