High protein low carb

Options
hello
I'm new to this app. Just started my "diet" ( I don't like that word). I prefer a life change. I haven't weighed myself in a while. So I don't know how much I actually wiegh but I have a good idea. It's been going really well so far. There are definitely temptations on a daily basis but have been able to have good will power. Trying to keep food selection interesting has been ok but I'm looking up recipes on line regularly to try to keep things interesting. I've noticed that my energy levels are up and I've been sleeping better. I notice a small difference already in a pair of jeans I wore on the weekend. They weren't as tight in the waist. That was surprising how quickly that happened. Felt pretty good though. Thx

Replies

• chelsmbutler529
    chelsmbutler529 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm also doing high protein/low carb, well trying!
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same! :)
  • scoady382
    scoady382 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't stress enough how well a low carb diet worked for me at first. Keto is a very popular variation of this, and it is incredible. I lost about 75 pounds originally just doing low carb. Feel free to add me and ask any questions you'd like. Best of luck.
  • jeffords
    jeffords Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a high protein low carb diet with macros sitting at 30g fat, 70g carb, 270 protein... I don't advise this tho only reason I am doing it is for my bodybuilding show coming up in 2 weeks
  • ashbanash87
    ashbanash87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good for you that's awesome! I've been doing low carb for about a year now. If you don't weigh yourself at least take measurements so you can get that motivation. Because once you start to see the results it gets addicting and you won't want to stop.
  • ashbanash87
    ashbanash87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also you should try low carb, moderate protein, high fat. Because too much protein will turn to glucose and hinder your weight loss. Just a tip.
  • Suzette1979mfp
    Suzette1979mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip