National Bike Challenge 2015

Options
13»

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Can you join more than one team? I'm signed up with my office team already. I don't ride for transportation, and most of my rides will be very short rides with kids or on a stationary bike, but somebody has to help bring up the rear right? :sunglasses:
  • jjstewbop
    jjstewbop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started riding a lot this spring and have been logging my miles in mapmyride, but it will be fun to be a part of a group.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, it took a bit to figure out how to sync with MMR, but now I'm ready to roll!
  • steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I saw this post a few weeks ago and signed up then forgot about it. Luckily my Strava rides auto export as I just noticed I'm racking up the points for our MFP team! Lets all get out there and do some rides in May!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just signed up and am looking forward to getting some miles in:-)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Ok guys and gals, this is for all the cycling peeps. If you are riding for the National Bike Challenge you may also like a MFP group. I enjoy doing all sorts of cycling challenges throughout the year but my favorite challenges are the MFP Grand Tour challenges run by the irrepressible @TheBigYin. What makes these challenges even more fun is that they are team based which helps motivate you to get out and ride when you can but also that the team has your back when you can't!! Lots of fun and banter throughout as well. There are 2 teams of 9 already but would love to get 4 teams like last year so please sign up if you fancy it. The first Tour, the Giro D'Italia starts May 9th so get signed up!!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139694/2015-mfp-grand-tour-challenge-signup-and-discussion-thread
    You don't have to ride every day, just be willing to put some effort in and contribute to the team. The only requisite is you log your rides on Strava and report your mileage in the reporting thread after a ride.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bummer that they won't let you join more than 1 team. Thanks to the MFP Giro Challenge, I'm running 1st locally, 2nd statewide and 81st nationally (out of 70,000+). :)
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This looks cool. Do I really need to do anything besides sync my strava?
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Hopefully, I've joined the MFP team! Endo is still syncing, I'm on target for 2,500 miles this Year