Can I add a second person?

Options
I'd like to track my Dad's food, but he's 94 and can't do it.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Second person must have his own account.

He needs an email address or you can create a gmail for use.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Why track his food? He is 94!! Isn't that a pass to eat all the cookies and cake?? Just kidding. You would need to create an account to track his intake.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    He's 94, let him enjoy life and relax. Enjoy every second you have with him.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why assume randalation won´t allow dad to enjoy life. Perhaps the tracking is about ensuring dad eats enough?
    Here´s a shoutout to those caring for loved ones... ;-)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I personally made a joke. I can see why there could be reasons to track an elderly persons food. I take care of the elderly doing in home care so we do keep a record of their meals. Only reason I said let them eat all the cookies ect is cause I know at this age the elderly are wore out just by getting dressed. So let them enjoy what little life and moments they have left.. but at the same time being over weight or underweight isn't good for them. So monitoring it's not a bad idea.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    If I make it to 94 I'm going to eat an whole cake for lunch, enjoy a Marlborough red again and top it off with a bottle of Jack Daniels. When it's all said and done I may end up dancing in the front yard buck naked. And no one will dare to tell me how to live my life.

In the meantime I'm going to try to stay healthy so I can make it to the dance.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'd like to track my Dad's food, but he's 94 and can't do it.

My grandfather (mother’s side) lived to 94. Smoked a daily cigar and enjoyed a tall glass of straight whiskey daily. Outlived all his children and 2 wives. Not too bad in my book. My mother died at 57 (never smoked) and I lost 2 siblings in their 60’s.

Told my wife many times that I don’t want anyone trying to control me in old age (if I make it).

So I guess my question would be – when you say “he's 94 and can't do it” does that mean he has asked you to do it?

If yes, I’d set up an acct and start tracking.

If no, I’d let him eat/drink and enjoy whatever he wanted. IMHO
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Second person must have his own account.

He needs an email address or you can create a gmail for use.

This
    lmr0528 wrote: »
    He's 94, let him enjoy life and relax. Enjoy every second you have with him.

& this
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    relax, folks... as a caretaker myself, there are a lot of reasons to track someone elses food. and its usually to makes sure theyre eating enough or monitoring certain macros (in the case of my grandfather, mainly sodium but carbs too)

its a thankless job, don't judge till you're there yourself ;)

and youll have to set up a separate account to track his.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I tracked my dad's food because he was frail. I needed to make sure he was eating enough. It helped me to know his nutrients to make sure he was following his medical diet.

I made an account for him and my mom and I used it. It was very, very, helpful.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My dad just went to nursing home last Friday. He is 89. Doctor said to get anything in him he will eat for calories. He is 5'9" and only weighs 105!!!!

Nothing tastes good to him but sugar. Sometimes he will eat a scrambled egg or a sausage biscuit. It is not easy seeing them decline.

I would be stressing big time to log his food intake.