Does your SO know how much you weight?

Options

Replies

• littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    when I have a significant other I will definitely find out and get back to you on this lol.
    I do not think anyones SO should care either way, just that your happy and healthy is all that should matter,
    if they get wigged out by your weight , then drop them off at the nearest curb but sounds like you have a
    wonderful guy and like he would be super supportive of you getting yourself in shape and healthy.
    Means he loves you as you are no matter what and that is priceless, total keeper!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My husband knows how much I weigh. I've always been around this weight and that hasnt changed in the past 10 yrs we've known each other. It's not like when we started dating I was skinny and then got fat over the years. Like a previous poster mentioned once you have a baby it's all out there. (we had twins, we had an appt weekly and he never missed one!). Im losing weight for me, not him. He loves me no matter how much I weigh and I hope everyone's spouse does too! :)
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't read all the responses but I wanted to say Good For You! I clearly remember when I got serious about weight loss and fitness I had my husband take before pictures and actually watch me step on the scales. I cried my eyes out, but it was a huge turning point for me! He didn't make me feel bad, just helped me make a plan to get where I wanted to be.

Had to share that, because your post brought back all that emotion. The horror of him actually knowing and the determination it gave me to change things. Good luck to you!
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sure the hubby knows how much I weigh - quite frankly I'll tell anyone, it doesn't bother me - currently 152lbs, but then that does sound better than previous weight of 189lbs. (Even though he knew what I weighed then anyway).

He weighs in at 161lbs - same weight he was when leaving school almost 17 years ago!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    We are accountable to each other in our weigh loss, we weigh in together!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My husband does not know exactly how much I weigh. He did when I was pregnant, from being at the docs office with me- but that was 3 years ago. He knows we weight "around" the same though.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I never said anything to my hubby until i got preggo... then there was no hiding because he went to doctor appointments with me. I am more open now that i am losing it too.. he doesnt care either..
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Mine does...but to be honest...I had to lose some before I told him (like almost 15lbs)...but now he knows what my heaviest was too. It seemed less embarrassing because it was a "past" weight.
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband knows exactly how much I weigh and has for years. I usually complain to him about it when it goes up a little or am excited when it goes down. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed that I am heavy. I know he loves me for who I am inside and he always tells me how sexy he thinks I am. I LOVE my husband! : )
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I was so scared to tell my fiance because I have told no one. But, we've been friends for over 11 years and together 2.5 and getting married in 3 weeks...I told him one night after having a few drinks. He could care less but, I feel better! LOL.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    awww that was probably a hard, yet totally rewarding & liberating thing you did. good for you! and by him telling you he didn't care, he was telling you he loved you just the way you are:)
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    He knows how much I weigh. We weigh exactly the same now. It's been an extra push for me to weigh less then him because he is so skinny. Now I'm working hard to lose that pound. He told me when I weighed less then him then I get to get my hair done, he is happy I want to be healthy and knows how unhappy I am. So he offers prizes for reaching certain points lol. And he should! It's his fault I gained so much anyway. All those drinks and fancy dinners when we first got together and then knocking me up twice! What nerve. Lmao
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet this is a huge weight off your shoulders too. :drinker:

I don't mind sharing with my sweetie. He is my best friend afterall. :smooched:
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I will admit whenever we walked in Publix and he went to the scale I would haul *kitten* to start looking at groceries. I avoided the scale. Now that I knew I was getting serious with weight loss I opened up with him and we do this together. He is gaining for strength and I am losing. Now I am even more open. I am glad I got that monkey off my back. I was starting to weigh a little over him. We have never gone past 165. Right now I am 137 he is 155.
  • Shawneea
    Shawneea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yep, he knows, AND he better continue to love any amount I tell him... LOL!!!!!!!!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes much to my embarrasment
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yeah, he does. I told him when I started trying to lose it. I thought maybe if he knew, I'd feel more accountable about it.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I told him how heavy I had gotten after I had gotten back under 230...he knows know every pound I lose...I love sharing the excitement with him (although he is not as excited as I am...lol)...he is proud of me and he did know I had gained, just did not know how much
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My DH never knew exactly how much I weighed except when pregnant because then everyone knows, LOL! Once I started losing weight, I would just tell him "I lost X pounds" and he would congratulate me, but never ask my actual weight since he knew it was a sensitive subject with me. However, about 2-3 weeks ago, he asked me "How much did you weigh when you first started this?" Since I'm now confident that I will NEVER weigh that amount again, I told him and he asked what my goal weight was. I said it is around 120, but it will depend when I get there if I want to lose more. For me, not sharing my weight was always about how insecure I was with my weight (and I still am, but not nearly as bad as before).