Weight loss halted

Options
2»

Replies

• Araganz
    Araganz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Remember not to judge your weight in too short a time period - over 6- 8 weeks judge your actual loss against your goals and adjust the amount of your exercise calories you eat back accordingly

most start by eating 50 - 75% of MFP database calories as they can overestimate

As you've been eating far too low for a few months you may well get a water weight shift over the next couple of weeks (coupled with your lifting) .. do not panic .. it's fine .. it will settle

remember 6-8 weeks

ya i freaked out when i noticed a increase in my weight after i began bodybuilding.
    But now i know better!
  • Araganz
    Araganz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    OP - take it from someone at the other end of the age spectrum that you are in the golden years for training and building strength and muscle.
    This is the time you can progress the quickest and recover from lifting the fastest.

Absolutely do not throw away this best time of your life by having an excessive calorie deficit. You have the chance to make gains that people like me with decades of training can only dream of.

Get yourself on a properly structured beginner's weight lifting program, eat sufficient protein (100g is woeful for your size), small calorie deficit (you should judge that by your rate of loss over the weeks by the way - no more than 1lb a week as a maximum IMHO).

Haha you managed to encourage me to put in even more effort into my diet and bodybuilding.
    I'll be sure to take full advantage of the time