Help Me. ! :/

Options
My friends and family have been saying things about my weight. Of course I feel comfortable with my weight to a point. Not to sound boastful but I have a pretty face but a overweight body. When I take off my clothes and look at myself I don't want to feel disgusted at my rolls or love handles. Or worried if I turn my head do I have a double chin. I was losing weight for awhile. I was doing really well. Time to step it up. I need encouragement from others. On a daily basis. The last time I logged in was about two months ago. I want to look good. Please. If there is anyone out there willing to help me complete my challenge of going from a size 20 to a size 10 would be the most generous people out there.

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey. Consistency is the key to success

29509743.png
  • refwrfwdfsdfewfwef
    refwrfwdfsdfewfwef Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lose weight at a pace your comfortable in and just stick to it!
  • gabbeke
    gabbeke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I log on every day and love encouraging people.
  • sheeeeeth
    sheeeeeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey girl! being consistent is key! if you dont want to work out at a gym, make it a point to go outside and walk for 30 minutes. Something i did that my friend taught me, is too make a playlist that lasts as long as your workout, it makes time go fast, and when the music is over, youre done! Do little things like eating a fruit/veggie with every meal you have. Replace soda with water. Add me! :) and good luck
  • holzeeg123
    holzeeg123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the consistency thing :) Also, honesty! Lying to MFP will only hurt your progress! It's far better to have a load of red bars and to be able to learn from that, than to look perfect on paper and not losing weight!
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm really glad you're comfortable in your own skin and love your body. It's also good that you are thinking health wise. You can start by lowering your calorie intake by 200 calories weekly 'till you reach your personal calorie intake (not every body needs the same calories). I'd also recommend eating more nutritious foods like veggies, fruits, sweet potatoes, fish and lean meat.

To lose weight,you just need to be on a calorie deficit, even if you eat junk food all day. Drink more water. Small steps,but you'll see the weight dropping and skin getting better.

Ps. You really are pretty!!!!!!!!!
  • JasmynMumfrey
    JasmynMumfrey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!! (:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It's all about YOU! You have to want it bad enough, you can have others to support you but it's up to you to stick to it and follow through. Each one of us is doing this on our own, we make workout decisions, food decisions, logging decisions or lack of them. We succeed or don't because of our decisions.

Decide how bad you want it and then just Do It! :) ...and no it's not easy, for any of us but that's where sticking to our decision no matter what comes in.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Before you start again you need a clear understanding of what it involves and a plan of how you are going to lose weight. Knowledge really gives you insight in how it works, a plan helps organise your effort effectively by uiding you and commitment makes sure you carry things out. It will be so much easier when you get those. One of the things I see a lot from people who post on here, specially new dieters is frustration they are not going fast enough. Please save yourself the hassle and start managing your expectations from day one. You can do it.