New here and starting my lifestyle change and weight loss journey

Options
Hi everyone
I have been wanting to start this journey for a long time now. But always seem to keep saying tomorrow tomorrow. Well, I have just decided today is the day to start! (Well, yesterday to be more accurate!) I am 41 years old and 5 feet 2.5 inches tall and weigh over 300 lbs. This is something I have to do. I hope I can stick with it and make progress! I live in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Not sure what else to say at this moment! lol

Replies

• dbzgt12
    dbzgt12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey uriana, I believe in you. It's never too late to start
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I believe in you @UrianaZeta :) You got this!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think that it's awesome that you started this journey! I know that with me, I had to just get so sick of being fat that I needed to change. I didn't want heart disease especially turning 40 in August. So I am almost 60 days in. Don't give up, you can do this! :)
  • UrianaZeta
    UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate your comments so much.

I am so scared I am gonna fail at this!

I honestly have no idea what I am doing. This site is helping me watch the calorie intake, and is a lot easier to use than I had thought it would be. I have only been using it for 3 days now and I find myself looking forward to coming into my computer and adding the foods I have eaten. It's also making me totally think about what I am eating. In the past I would want to do it, but I have no idea what to eat or how much or anything like that. So, I would get discouraged and be like "Why bother? Nothing will ever change." I WANT to change so badly now.

Any advice for meals and beginner exercises etc, would be extremely welcome.

I quit smoking in January 2006, I was 31 years old at the time and had been smoking full tilt since I was 14. I did it with no gum or patches or anything. I just decided that was it. I have never had the desire to smoke again after the first few days, maybe a week. I had to give up any foods with sodium nitrate in them, like bacon, hot dogs, most deli meats etc due to getting serious migraines every time I ate anything with it in there. I also just stopped eating seeds, nuts, corn, and any fruits with seeds in them (Like strawberries! Oh, how I miss you strawberries!) due to an intestinal issue.

I decided the other day if I can do those things, maybe I can actually succeed at this. I know I should have done it years ago, but better late than never? I hope? I just wanna be healthier. Possibly have a child before it's too late...

I am scared, but hopeful. I want this so badly!!
  • melbelgibson
    melbelgibson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You picked the most beautiful place on earth to start getting active! You'll love every minute of exploring this city. :)
  • sjtooleow
    sjtooleow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @UrianaZeta I was in the same place as you, always saying "I'll start working out and eating better tomorrow" then my weight started getting out of control and I felt so tired all the time. I found being active on MFP has really helped me stay motivated. There are so many inspiring people on here. Surround yourself with positive people and thoughts :smile: You got this!