Need encouragement

Options
Hi I had previously lost 55 lbs. something I never though possible. I had struggled so much to lose the weight but always failed into old habits. I had kept the weight off for almost 3 yrs, but in the last 6 months I gained almost 15 lbs. I feel so sad and mad at myself. I got a bike and started doing spin and eating healthier for the last 3 weeks and I haven't lose a single pound. I know it takes time to see progress but I feel like a failure and very disappointed with my self. I need encouragement.

Replies

• Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't focus on the scale just yet. The success is knowing you needed to make a move before it got really out of hand. Chin up and move forward! B)
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    It is impressive for you to get back after it, with a fifteen pound gain. Please don't let your thinking be too negative. Being mad at yourself, or impatient is counterproductive. Change it up a little bit with the food!! Sometimes, I say to myself, well, what would be so bad about staying heavier than I want? Essentially, I am looking at health risks at my age. I know I want better for myself, and can do better, and so I will take steps, today!! So, look at your lovely accomplishment, and be fierce in the fight!!!
  • momclp11
    momclp11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are turning it around. It will come back off. I gained back almost all of the 60 pounds that I had lost 6 years ago and am now starting all over. I have lost 20 so far. Just keep going, it will come back off.
  • exfatty89
    exfatty89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all. I know I just gotta keep pushing through. Its hard but not impossibl. Thanks
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself once month ONLY! When I weighed once a week and wouldn't lose even tho I had eaten right and exercised I was sooo depressed. So discouraged. So hard on myself. Good luck
  • Mikediet1
    Mikediet1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    exfatty89 wrote: »
    Hi I had previously lost 55 lbs. something I never though possible. I had struggled so much to lose the weight but always failed into old habits. I had kept the weight off for almost 3 yrs, but in the last 6 months I gained almost 15 lbs. I feel so sad and mad at myself. I got a bike and started doing spin and eating healthier for the last 3 weeks and I haven't lose a single pound. I know it takes time to see progress but I feel like a failure and very disappointed with my self. I need encouragement.

Always will have set backs, but don't let those define you