Healthier chocolate chip cookies

Options
Kwilliams75
Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/bevs_chocolate_chip_cookies.html
I made this recipe twice once with the rolled oats and once with almond flour. I prefer the almond flour texture over the rolled oats. I also used egg whites in place of the egg, splenda mix in place of the sugar and dark chocolate chips. My 11 yr old sdon loved these and never knew the difference with the almond flour!! Hope y'all enjopy this!!

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Sound yummy... I've been thinking about making oat biscuits, I love oats :smile:
    Thanks for sharing xxx

I reckon my son would love these too!!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was planning on making these this week (I love the eating well site!!). Question for you - how big are the cookies once they're done? The recipe (and this site, when I entered the info with my own small mods) says that it makes 30 cookies @ 99 calories each.... are the calories worth it?

I don't want to eat 99 calories in a little half dollar sized cookie, you know? And I certainly don't want to spend my time making food that only my hubby can eat ;P
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Where do you find almond flour? I don't think I've ever seen it before...
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    I found almond flour at heb down near the regular flour. I actually only had a piece of a cookie and I made them as a part of my valentines day gift so mine where cut out in hearts and lip shapes. So to be honest I can't answer the question on how big they are and I also tried to make the recipe a little more health by making the few changes to it!!
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/almond-meal-flour.html

Here is the brand that I bought!!
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    after looking more at the website they even have some interesting recipes on there!!
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    Almond Crispies
    Contributed by Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods

A delightful gluten-free almond cookie everyone will enjoy.
    Ingredients
    •1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
    •1/2 cup Almond Meal Flour
    •1/4 cup Sugar
    •1 tsp Baking Powder
    •1 tsp Cinnamon, Saigon (Premium)
    •1/8 tsp Sea Salt
    •1 tsp Almond Extract
    •1 Tb Water
    •1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    •1/3 cup Honey
    •1/2 cup chopped Almonds (Whole Shelled)

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick vegetable spray; set aside.

In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients (All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour through salt). In another bowl combine almond extract, water, oil and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold in the chopped almonds. Form dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-12 minutes until lightly golden. Let cookies set on baking sheet 10 minutes; remove carefully to cooling rack. Enjoy.

Makes 24 cookies.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Serving Size: 1 Cookie

Calories 100, Calories form Fat 50, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g, Protein 2g.

These look very interesting!! My family is not gluten free but I would love to try these!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Almond Crispies
    Contributed by Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods

A delightful gluten-free almond cookie everyone will enjoy.
    Ingredients
    •1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
    •1/2 cup Almond Meal Flour
    •1/4 cup Sugar
    •1 tsp Baking Powder
    •1 tsp Cinnamon, Saigon (Premium)
    •1/8 tsp Sea Salt
    •1 tsp Almond Extract
    •1 Tb Water
    •1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    •1/3 cup Honey
    •1/2 cup chopped Almonds (Whole Shelled)

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with nonstick vegetable spray; set aside.

In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients (All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour through salt). In another bowl combine almond extract, water, oil and honey. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold in the chopped almonds. Form dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-12 minutes until lightly golden. Let cookies set on baking sheet 10 minutes; remove carefully to cooling rack. Enjoy.

Makes 24 cookies.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Serving Size: 1 Cookie

Calories 100, Calories form Fat 50, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrates 11g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g, Protein 2g.

These look very interesting!! My family is not gluten free but I would love to try these!!

I think I need to try these!!!! :o)
  • ahsweetstuff
    ahsweetstuff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds so tasty!! I hope I can find some almond flour!