Smoothies

Options
Can anyone give me any ideas for smoothies? i would like to start having these for breckfast.

I suffer from reflux so i cannot have any citruis fruits included.

Thanks

Replies

• jillby6666
    jillby6666 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the Cake Batter smoothie from the blog Dashing Dish. It is low in calories but uses protein powder to keep you full. I never skip the sprinkles!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    You can put in anything you like. I make them every once in a while and make vegetables the main ingredient ...usually spinach or bell peppers. Then I add either a banana or some raspberries and some water or unsweetened almond milk. Add some ginger root for a little spicy kick and unflavored protein powder to keep me full.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There are 100s of threads with Smoothie recipes on MFP, and Google has even more!
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My favorite:

3/4 C water
    1 container Dannon Light & Fit 80-calorie Vanilla Greek yogurt
    1 C frozen kale (I buy a large container and just throw it in the freezer)
    1/2 C frozen blueberries
    1/2 frozen pineapple (but if pineapple affects you, you can leave it out)
    2 TBLS PB2
    1 scoop protein powder
    2 TBLS Bob's flax seeds

It is so yummy! About 400 calories, give or take. I'd have to look, but if you enter each ingredient individually, MFP will calculate for you.

• Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, love smoothies.

I use
    15 black grapes
    7 or 8 strawberries (large)
    1 1/2 cups of watermelon
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries

LOVE IT! a little over 300 cals.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I usually try some combination of strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, cucumber, carrots, greek yogurt, almond milk, and protein powder. I try to put in at least one berry, a banana, a green, and a protein source at a minimum. If I don't have fresh fruit I'll buy a big bag of frozen mixed fruit and use that.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    4 gram of dry jello sugar free pistachio mix
    50 gram of banana
    50 gram of strawberries
    1 sachet Stevia
    6 ice cubs
    1/4 cup of almond milk
    1/4 cup of water
    Makes a delicious only 94 calories creamy smoothie.
  • HadassahsMomma
    HadassahsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    almond milk or skim milk, protein powder base, 1/2 avocado and lots of ice. Or really just the almond milk, lots of ice and protein powder. I like to freeze coffee in an ice cube tray and add that to my drinks. It makes it thicker, taste better and gives me a boost. I do this 2 times a day.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    great thanks i will give some of these a try saw one of facebook today that is supposed to be good for reflux suffers 1 cup and a half pineapple, 1 bannana, half cup greek yogurt low fat and half a cup of pineapple juice plus ice cubes. made it this morning its lovley.