Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,920 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    First of all is a trend grapher as mentioned above. I use weightgrapher.
    Second, using a digital scale that automatically posts my weight. I use an Aria. See, if every step on the scale "counts", I'm less tempted to get back on to get a "better" number.

Ditto; except that I use both the trendweight and weightgrapher web-sites. And hey, since, it's automated, it's not like I have to do anything special, or extra!
  • mattlynch2015
    mattlynch2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the same, then I seem to put a pound or two throughout the day.
  • scratchdesk
    scratchdesk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting to weigh every day. I've seen some crazy fluctuation and it's interesting to note how eating and working out affects those numbers. I generally am only concerned with a weekly total so a single day doesnt bother me. This last weekend I eat and drank a bit on Saturday and knew I'd be up on Sunday, sure was, nearly 3 lbs. But it all balanced out in the next couple days.
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So have yet to see that goal wight.... How ever this is my take, My scale is in the kitchen! Crazy I know. Anyone and everyone steps on it. The scale is only a number. It can be a dieters friend , foe or both.... Its how you choose to look at it. I have taken all power away from the scale. I weigh my self all the time, at least 2 or 3 or 6 times a day. Its just a number. The only time I pay attention is that first weigh in the morning with out clothes. Yes scale is still in the kitchen :o I find way less disappointment in the number if I'm aware of my end of the day weight the night before. To sum it up girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. This girl needs to step on that scale!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Put duct tape over the scale.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all those who posted links for trendweight and weightgrapher. It's a little disheartening because I thought I was doing a little better but at least it's giving me a better picture of what my actual progress is like.
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself once a week and take profess pics once a week.
  • LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning without clothes. This is when you will be the lightest. A small fluctuation should not be a concern. If you weigh yourself at night, you could be 2 pounds heavier than morning. So be consistent with the weigh ins.