Lazy eater trying to gain

Options
Hi there,

I work in a hotel room service job, always on my feet non stop. I have always been skinny from get go, I'm 27 & now I'm trying out on weight but I am struggling cause I spend most of my time working, if not I'm on my gaming console & I could go on for hours without eating if I snack on a packet of crisp, I can't eat 3 meals a day, I just barely manage 2 courses.

How do I go on about this gaining weight?

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Try drinking your calories.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Try taking breaks from the boob tube and eat...
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    peanut butter + spoon
  • GregHakata
    GregHakata Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually eat peanut butter mixed with oats every morning. Drinking calories? You mean drinking shakes or blend my food to drink?

I do try take a break but not to eat though, I think I can go all day with one snack.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    At a certain point, you just have to get over it and eat. What would you tell someone who wanted to lose weight but was totally unwilling to stop overeating? You want to gain weight, but you're unwilling to stop undereating -- it's the same problem.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    sculptcha wrote: »
    peanut butter + spoon

Trader Joes Cookie Butter + spoon
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to tell you man. We all have busy days too and we manage. The excuses have to stop and the planning has to start. Set a timer when you game. Invest in some cheap Gladware and pre-cook your meals for work. Take control man, you are the only person stopping yourself here.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    If you really really want to gain, there is no solution you just need to really make time even though it seems impossible. Maybe between rooms have a quick few tbsps peanut butter or a shake or even a quick pb sandwich only takes 5 minutes to eat. I know it's hard.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been suffering through some dental work lately. Throw some buttery crackers (or just flat out cookies) in a blender with milk and peanut butter. And cottage cheese/yogurt. That *kitten* is delicious and becomes an easy, high-calorie meal very quickly.

And of course, ice and whey.
  • GregHakata
    GregHakata Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys really appreciate it & do agree I am the only person stopping myself from gaining. Seems like everyone agrees with peanut butter so going try some of those techniques