How'd you gain it back?

Options
13»

Replies

• khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine was stress! I turned to wine and my feelings were delicious.
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    returning to a state of lazy and not paying attention with the smugness of 'I've done it, I look hot'

^ This
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose about 50 lbs for the past 3 years. Up and down up and down. Definition of a yo-yoer. My issue was I would lose about 10-15 lbs then decide to celebrate my loss with a cheat meal (bad idea). That turned into a cheat day, cheat weekend, to a cheat week and next thing I knew I gained it all back. Months go by and my healthy eating habits are out the window. I'll get back on my health kick and do the same thing all over again. It's a learning process for me and I am learning to stay committed.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that said they needed to weight themselves daily. I know some people may criticize this as being obsessive, but honestly, it's a quick, easy habit to get into. I also give myself permission to stay within a certain range as I know things fluctuate.

I also think starting my weight loss last year how I wanted to eat forever helped. (Eating in moderation, not eliminating food groups, letting myself indulge in periodic social settings, etc.).

I think it's wise to consider why you previously failed so that you can take a different, more successful approach now. Good luck.

(PS I've maintained for nearly 5 months now - going strong!)
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP 2 years-ish ago and lost 44 pounds. Then I simply stopped logging on a daily basis until I didn't log at all and, even worse, I stopped getting on the scale. A year later I stepped on that scale and had gained 35 pounds back.

No real "trigger," I just got lazy and made excuses. I got back on MFP in January and so far have lost 23 pounds of what I gained. I can't say it will never happen again, but I know the most important thing I must do is get on the scale every day, it keeps me thinking about what I need to do.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had lost around 50lbs, then met my S.O and going out to eat for dates etc just put it right back on. Now we both have weight to lose. Definately ate a lot less when I was single lol
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My priorities changed. I was sick (in and out of the hospital sick), stressed out by the medical bills, had no idea from week to week if I'd be able to work, too tired to be diligent about weighing things out, banned from doing any type of exercise, but didn't make any real effort to recalculate my maintenance number from active to bedridden.

There's no way to know exactly how much fat I gained back, I'd estimate somewhere between 60 & 100lbs over the course of about 2 years. The rest is lymphatic fluid. I'm back down 48lbs, but again, no idea how much of that is fat loss and how much is fluid loss (honestly, I'd be happy if it was all fluid, but I know it's not).
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was down to 230ish when I met my beloved. He has a super high metabolism and is a professional chef which meant loads of delicious food and portions that were well beyond what I should have been eating. 2.5 years and 40ish lbs later here we are lol. The good news is he's 100% on board with me since I wasn't the only one to gain the 'relationship gut' hahaha!
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 lb in 2013 and I was pretty happy. My mom passed away November 2013. I bought a house March 2014. Moved July 2014. Noticed that I gained about 10lb over those months. I am back down a couple of pounds but have 7 left to get to were I was.