What do you consider to be skinny?

Options

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    140 is good for me, anything less and I think would be too skinny. I carry my weight well. I just want to be able to make it thru a workout and not feel like I'm dying lol. I have 28 more pds to go
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Skinny is when I can see your bones protruding and you lose any type of shape (no curves) . . . which isn't admirable to me and definitely not attractive to my husband LOL. I rather look fit and trim with some muscles (not bulging but some definition to say the least!).

Last I weighed I was 136-137 fluctuating. My goal is to maintain 120-125 b/c of my height and build without losing curves! That was my wedding weight 9 yrs ago.
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in January and got too skinny-110lbs- size 0/1 and I'm 5'3. So now I'm 115 and aiming to be 120lbs by gaining more muscle.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (and a half) and I'm aiming for anywhere between 130-140. I am about 148 right now, and I have a lot of muscle already, so I'm just working on getting stronger and faster, and burning fat. My magical number is between 18-20% body fat. :) I'm at about 24-25% now.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I don't really want to be skinny skinny, I am happier with slender and curvy ;), so 155 at 5'8" is where I would like to be. Skinny would probably be more like 140.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think thin is what I want to be but skinny is too far. It all depends on your body frame too. I am 5'2" and when I look back at pictures of when I was 110 lbs I think I look too skinny and my oval face looks too drawn out.
    My goal weight where I look healthy is 130LBS.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I don't think we should associate the word skinny with unhealthy, there are plenty of skinny people that are also healthy.

Healthy is form of well being where as skinny is a size.

So they are two different things.

So in other words I think it could be said that the OP is wondering what "size" do you consider to be skinny.

She didn't say What "weight" do you consider healthy.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Skinny is when I can see your bones protruding and you lose any type of shape (no curves) . . . which isn't admirable to me and definitely not attractive to my husband LOL. I rather look fit and trim with some muscles (not bulging but some definition to say the least!).

Last I weighed I was 136-137 fluctuating. My goal is to maintain 120-125 b/c of my height and build without losing curves! That was my wedding weight 9 yrs ago.

Yeah! I want some curves.
  • AllisonS79
    AllisonS79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree that when I hear "skinny" I think "too thin." But I guess I'd rather be too thin than too chubby.

My pre-baby weight was always around 130- 135 and I was a size 8 or 9. People would tell me I looked thin, but I wished I was thinner. Now, I'm a 12 or 13 and I feel so uncomfortable.

Right now, 130 would feel great, and 120 would seem skinny.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    In order to be “skinny” in my book, you have to be healthy. When I see a 95 pound smoker who eats big macs everyday, I do not see a skinny person. Thin, yes…small, definitely, but not skinny. I think to be skinny, being healthy is a MUST.
  • spring12peanut
    Options
    agree! i think there are plenty of very healthy 'skinny' people out there...to me, its not a negative word.
    i am 5ft 5in and i was at my highest right after the holidays at 137 and i felt horrible...all my clothes were tight and it just really affected me. right now i am at 125 and feel great...my skinny is 120
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my 'skinny' is 125. Not because of the way I look, but because of the way I feel. I'm 139 now, so only 14lbs to go!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 6 and 120lb, and i think im slim, but not skinny, im about a uk 8/10
    I think another 5lb and it would be getting onto skinny territory, but i dont want to be that
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i'M 5'4" about 114ish pounds and honestly I think I've gone too far. I'm happy that I lost all the weight but now I feel waify. I think the focus now is to develop some muscle tone and look a bit healthier...my arms are very thin and sinewy which is kinda wierd.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Skinny is 110 lbs. I'm 5'2, and no where near that weight, yet.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 110-113 lbs and a size 0/2. I still don't feel that I am skinny. I have got to lose more fat and put on a good amount of muscle. I don't care about weight as much as I do getting rid of the this last jiggle that is still hanging on.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I think skinny I think of someone that is too thin..... So I'm aiming for slim and toned, with my curves of course...
    I am 5'5" so that can range between 120-140. I'm aiming for 140....under 120 I start to look skinny
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I'm healthy skinny at 5'9" and 130-135 lbs. I am toned and I eat a ton (sometimes junk, but usually really healthy). My ribs stick out, they always have, even when I was 20lbs heavier, but I am still curvy (at least in my book). Too skinny for me would be anything under 130 (I got down to 125 and it wasn't a great look on me, too skeletal). I like me where I am, I am more of an athletic type anyway...lean and lanky :smile:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It depends on the frame size not just the height. And everyone's weight is distributed differently on their bodies. This is a tough one to answer, plus someone at, let's say 5'8 - 130 lbs and someone else at 5'8 - 130 lbs.......could have totally different measurments and body appearances.
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    120-130 for anyone else, really depends on the height though. I like curvy girls, though... Me, I've been 80lb and still thought I was a whale. :laugh: