Replies

• Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    EVERETT HERE, FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME.
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey @aam117 and @dbienz did you guys get together for a hike last week? If so, how did it go?

@dbienz how did your half marathon go? Did you blog about it on your profile?

This weekend is supposed to be really nice... maybe too nice for a hike. I'm trying to go for a hike this Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else free???

And yes, @kkarcher94511 I'm ready to have my quads (and my glutes) burned off? Where do you hike?

@PNW_livin you still around?
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I didn't meet up with @aam117 but I did go for a hike with my friend. It was fun but I think I almost killed her :smiley: haha

As for my half marathon it was great! When I finished my legs were exhausted but my breathing wasn't labored and I could have run a couple more miles. My body completely surprised me. I ran the ENTIRE 13.1 miles!
  • jneen29
    Options
    @dbienz that's fantastic... congratulations!

What's up Seattle people... what are you doing this weekend???
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @dbienz congrats on your half! and awesome to hear you felt so good during/after!

i'm stuck at work all day today, and my coworker is badgering me into going rollerblading with her tomorrow. neither of us has been in YEARS and i fully expect to injure myself lol
    we're going at noon, so i don't know if that leaves enough time in the morning for a hike first?
  • RachelRay402016
    RachelRay402016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Seattle's east side Feel free to add me
  • jneen29
    Options
    Hey Seattle peeps... @aam117, @dbienz, @PNW_livin, @RachelRay402016, @jcherry1004, @may2490, @kkarcher94511...

What's everyone been up to? How's your progress? Any hiking plans?

This hiking newbie (me!) is going on a hike on May 9th at Kamikaze/Teneriffe Falls (http://alltrails.com/trail/us/washington/kamikaze-falls). I am meeting friends there at 8:45AM but please feel free to join me!!! It will be my first hike and I'm looking forward to the beautiful falls at the top! Anyone been there??? It's in North Bend. I hope it will give my hams and glutes the challenge I'be been looking for. :)
  • aam117
    Options
    @jneen29 I haven't done that one before, but it looks beautiful! I have a friend who is going to be in town, but if it works with our plans and the weather is decent I would love to meet up. :)
  • aam117
    Options
    Thinking of hiking rattlesnake ridge tomorrow around 9 o r 10 of anyone is interested. Send me a pm if so and we can decide on a time and meeting place
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Seattle area here also! Would love some local friends for motivation/support. I'm just starting to get into hiking as well!
  • Chakhmah
    Chakhmah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Don't know if it's too late but in Seattle too!! Would love to do anything active anytime :D
    Please PM me if anyone wants some company!!
  • infinitigirl85
    infinitigirl85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the Seattle area as well! I live on the Eastside but work in downtown area.
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Bremerton and will be moving back to WA sometime this year. I'd love to make some MFP friends to connect with from HOME. Send me a friend request if you're interested.

I cannot wait to get back to where being outside and active is just the way of life. Illinois doesn't have near the opportunities and I've extremely homesick for that lifestyle. :)
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Anyone in Olympia area?
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ANYONE RUNNING SEATTLE ROCK AND ROLL MARATHON THIS WEEKEND?
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm just north of Seattle in Mill Creek. I'd be interested in some light activity, like easy walks. (I can't do the harder stuff quite yet.)
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    ANYONE RUNNING SEATTLE ROCK AND ROLL MARATHON THIS WEEKEND?

I wanted to but instead I'm doing a half in Gig Harbor in September! Are you running it? Good luck!! :smiley:
  • CRIMSONTRACER
    CRIMSONTRACER Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    izaobet wrote: »
    Anyone in Olympia area?
    Olympia here
  • Fitnerd
    Fitnerd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a repeat - was on here years ago and seriously fell off the wagon. I live in the Silverdale area and am back at it, have 48lbs to lose, definitely could use some support and help with motivation. If anyone else is looking for some support add me!
  • AutumnSkye_16
    AutumnSkye_16 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live on the Eastside...let me know if anybody gets any hikes planned...I'd like to try and get to a couple.