quick recipes please

Options
billiejowellinski
billiejowellinski Posts: 2 Member
I love to put boneless skinless chicken breast into skillet with Pam spray a little garlic salt with parsley cook and eat so delicious . Then do a salad or veggie dinner is done and low calorie. .

Replies

• Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some diced lean chicken, pan fried with spring onion, chilli peppers, a dash of garlic salt and a little low sodium soy sauce with roughly 100g of whole grain rice and a handful of mixed salad.

Careful not to over cook the spring onions and chilli peppers and you've got a very spicy, delicious dish.
  • thadden674
    thadden674 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Grab a copy of the latest Cooking Light magazine. It is full of 25 minute or less recipes.
  • billiejowellinski
    billiejowellinski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks , I'm not very big on breakfast food but I have been making low cal eggs alas and putting it on whole grain toast. It's really been delicious. I'm hooked on that to start my day off. Boiled eggs , lite or fat free mayo am mustard lite salt and pepper. .yummo
  • Jim1Fer
    Jim1Fer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grilled or Broiled chicken breast. As soon as it's done. Put a little coconut oil (iI t will melt like butter) on it with a splash of hot sauce or sriracha...have over spinach salad and tomato. Quick and easy

Coconut oil is good to make leftover chicken juicy again.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner, flatbread/pita/tortilla pizza, frozen vegetable stir fry, frozen fish, tuna or salmon cakes, tacos, quesadillas, microwave "baked" potatoes
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Throw boneless, skinless, chicken breast in the crock pot.....sprinkle with taco seasoning....top with salsa. Shred the chicken with 2 forks when done. Use for tacos, burritos, etc.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Love the crock pot for "quick" meals. Prep it before work, come home to a hot and tasty dinner. Got a black bean and ground turkey soup going right now. :)

And I'll second the Cooking Light suggestion. I love that magazine and use it for inspiration all the time.
  • ObeyDisKitty
    ObeyDisKitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thadden674 wrote: »
    Grab a copy of the latest Cooking Light magazine. It is full of 25 minute or less recipes.
    Good idea!!

• Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Deli-sliced turkey meat, slice of toast, one serving of warmed turkey gravy. Instant open-faced hot turkey sandwich. I usually "sear" the turkey before I put on toast, to make sure the entire meal is actually hot.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love crock pot cooking so easy, turkey chilli made with pinto beans also use the crock pot to make a lean pork roast and vegetables. Oven roast frozen individual serving size salmon I get from costco serve with broccolli or green beans and a baked potato. Plenty other recipes thanks for sharing :love:
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I also have individual frozen chicken breast as well, sometimes it gets boring and I need a lean but good sauce. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    The recipes from cooking light and eating well are also on their websites if you don't want to get a subscription, but I love laying in bed pouring over the magazines and making meal plans :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    sexysize12 wrote: »
    I also have individual frozen chicken breast as well, sometimes it gets boring and I need a lean but good sauce. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Salsa, salsa verde, jerk, bbq, hot sauces, Thai peanut, there are a million ways to season!