Father on a mission!!

Options
About a 2yrs ago I got to biggest I have ever been in my whole life and I'm not talking about muscle,I'm talking about obese big... I was at 204lbs standing at just 5'5 I was short and wide, now I had always been around 185 or so maybe 189 but once I hit around my 30's I started to realize that a lot of the weight was sticking and not really going anywhere but my stomach and face. What really got me too start worrying was the chest pains I started to get from just sitting, I didn't even have to be doing anything that may have caused me to elevate my heart, at the time all I really did to be active was my job which is a physical job but was only limited. These pain were staring to have me on edge and a lot of thinking started to come into play with my home life. See I been a single father to a young girl and besides her grandparents,aunts and uncles I'm pretty much her only parent because of her mother not being in the picture very much, so this was a major motivated for me to get into a healthier lifestyle. I couldn't image my daughter not having another parent around for her to count on so change had to come! If there wa a way that I could possibly add a couple of more years to my life for my daughter then I was going to do whatever in my power to make that happen... So I stared off slow with cardio and a big change in my eating habits. Started to cut out the all the beer drinking, fried foods,eating late at night and just junk food. After awhile started to noticed a change in my energy and my motivation was there! I got a membership at the local Gold's Gym in Colorado Springs where I was at the time of this life changing event, I make it a point to start trying to be a frequent member. Started lifting weights little by little, next thing I started noticing was that the weight was coming off and I started to see a little definition in my body which definitely have me a lot more motivation,self confidence and most important I felt great! Not one chest pain ever since the switch to this better and healthier lifestyle. I know it was body telling me in its own way that "Hey you need to slow down"! Now I can say that I'm in the best shape of my life and that I'm full of energy, I love to work out always looking forward to the next day just so that I can get in there and bang it out on the weight! And still around for my beautiful daughter that's is growing up to be so bright,funny and amazing kid...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're an awesome father and you've done a great job!
  • Andela87
    Andela87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Sounds like your daughter is a great motivator - and she doesn't even know it ;) Your time and dedication has not only made you healthier, but it's given you healthy eating and exercise habits to pass on to your daughter. Be proud of what you've accomplished! :)
  • 2015Mich
    2015Mich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're an awesome dad!
  • jameslara205
    jameslara205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for comments, I try to be at my best as a father, she is my world and I would run a million miles for her...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!