hard time getting and staying motivated

Options
:/ I'm having a hard time staying and getting motivated wit my weight loss

Replies

• Sranchuk
    Sranchuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Everyday is different
    One day I think I'm fine being over weight the next I'm looking at the next diet!
  • blountra
    blountra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too, the best thing I've done so far is find an activity that is FUN. I just bought a bicycle. I'm absolutely loving riding it, when I'm unable to ride I miss it... But man kids make it look easy. 30 min and my legs are like jello! I find having someone workout with you is helpful, but only if they are willing to commit also
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What's your diet like. Are you struggling because it's hard to stick to? How many cals are you on a day?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    dont rely on motivation to keep you on track, somedays you will just have to put on your big girl panties and do what needs to be done.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 75 pounds and am here every day. Anyone can add me for motivation.
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well said besaro!!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Think about all the factors that make you wnat to lose weight? Are they enough to make you want to do something about it? Is it important enough for you? If it is then you will be able to commit and apply yourself. It becomes a choice do or do not, but that's up to you.

• karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight and regained it and then some several times. If only I had lost and maintained it I wouldn't have had to lose 55 pounds later in life when it is twice as hard. It took being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes to get me motivated and to realize I had to eat healthy for life, not just until I lost the weight. When you maintain a healthy weight there are many chronic diseases and health issues you can avoid. Some of them are type 2 diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and many more. Hopefully that may help with motivation. Also when you are at a healthy weight you feel better, sleep better and are more confident. People even treat you better. That part is kinda sad, but it's true.
  • shannonwh13
    shannonwh13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just needed to post that I joined a gym today. I didn't work out - I just joined and left. And I'm already concerned about I'm going to get and stay motivated - doesn't seem like the best start, does it?
    What motivated me today? I am sick and tired of being a chubby slug! I don't feel pretty. I certainly am not healthy. And when I step back and look at the things I can control in my life, what I do to take care of myself certainly is within my control! So I had to take the action. And tomorrow I hope I'll be willing to take another one, then another.