New and needing encouragement and tips

Options
Hello,
I am new to myfitnesspal.com and I really need some encouragement and tips that have rendered results. I have done other weight loss things and been successful and then gone up and down with my weight. I really want to do this right this time. Please help :)

Replies

• DebraBuschman
    DebraBuschman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tips that people gave me that are true and really helped me:

Keep trying, even if you hit a plateau and don't lose for awhile. Eventually, you will start losing, so don't give up!

Lower your sodium intake (fewer pre-packaged foods), increase your potassium intake (more fruits and veggies), and drink as much water as you can stand. 8 glass should be the minimum.

If there are days you find can't work out, so something. Walk on your lunch break. Take the stairs instead of elevator. Close your office door and do some pushups or situps. It all adds up. It doesn't necessarily be a formal workout in a gym every time you do physical activity.

Log, log, log. Make it your mission to log everything that goes into your mouth as accurately as possible. Measure, weigh, count... make it accurate.

When you need encouragement or advice go to the message boards and get it or ask for it.

Good luck! There are so many positive and encouraging people on here that want you to succeed. If you are serious about it, this is the best place to go to lose weight and stay motivated. Welcome!