Shakeology/21 Day Fix

Options
Hello my fellow pals, quick question. (I wasn't quite sure where to put this so I went with the Food & Nutrition board) Is there anyone using shakeology and/or the 21 day fix?? I'm debating on trying it out and wanna hear your thoughts on it before I blow a significant amount of money on it haha. Thank you (-:

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It's really gross.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. YOu can get the same results by eating regular food. You only need a calorie deficit to lose weight, not some quick fix.
  • Bridge_912
    Bridge_912 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the 21 day fix without doing shakeology. I will honestly say that it was pretty great will helping portion control. However, its extremely tedious and time consuming measuring out, matching colors to food, ect ect. (And I used to be a huge food planner)
    I wouldnt say its worth the money unless you have time. Pinterest helped a lot to find recipes.
    I did get shakeology sample and loveeed it. It was just too expensive in the long run.
    You could always do some research about the colors of the containers and what sizes they are and do it yourself at home.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is uber expensive and for me anyway, yucky tasting.....And more important, you do not need any shakes to lose weight.....
    The exercise dvd is apparently good, like most of the beachbody progams. But you do not need the shakes to be successful or healthy.....
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Instead of a quick fix, try something that is sustainable for a lifetime - start small but gradually add in healthy choices: more water, increased fruits and veg, less sugar and processed foods, exercise, etc. Otherwise you're likely to gain everything back.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well I have been using Shakeology for the past 2 years and I love it. It's expensive, like $4 a day expensive. For some people that makes sense. For others it's a ridiculous price to pay for one meal. The original formula had a bit of an aftertaste that people tended to dislike (kinda metallic, like liquid barium) . The newer versions of the Chocolate especially the Vegan are much better on the palate. But the taste really matters depending on the preparation. Just put a scoop in a bottle and shake it up with water = blah. Put a scoop in the blender with some crushed ice, water, little bit of milk, PB2 powder = heaven. Whoever you are planning on buying it from should have samples you can try. Def try before you buy. As far as benefits for me I believe it's helped me in a few areas. Particularly with being "regular". I have also not been sick at all since I have been drinking it. Not even a cold. Can I give you scientific proof that it's the shake and not coincidence? No I can't. It's my own experience with it and it's anecdotal. For me I loathe veggies, I only eat the basics like green beans and carrots. The shake provides a wide range of ingredients and micro nutrition that helps me reach my daily micro goals. If you eat a wide range of veggies in your diet then I would say don't bother. As far as the super foods in the shake I've read studies that there just isn't enough in it to really make a difference and it's basically a selling point. So in closing maybe it's expensive snake oil and I have experienced the placebo effect or maybe it's done alot for my health. I learn towards the latter so I will continue with it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You don't need to blow significant amount of money on anything to lose weight. Just eat less than you burn. Those shakes aren't going to help you lose weight, it's a gimmick. (Plus they taste awful)The little containers...you can buy some at the dollar store and label them if you like the idea of putting all of your food into little containers. Read some threads here and learn about how to lose weight for free.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The only thing Shakeology is good for....
    tumblr_nb1fcknjKj1sctiaro1_500.gif
  • BraveWingsSheFlies
    BraveWingsSheFlies Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like the workouts a lot. I think they were fun, effective, no dread factor, well produced, etc. I did not do the meal plan because, well...Tupperware in our house of teenagers doing chores is hit or miss. They probably would have found the containers pretty and they would have been gone. Instead I figured out my calories and macros and just plugged them into MFP and weighed/measured like usual. Am currently doing some running, with the 21DF weight workouts, I like the combo and it is good for the time I have right now.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Everyone on YouTube is pedelling shakeology and the 21 day fix. Feels like a fad. I'd avoid it.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I alternate Shakeology days with my whey protein isolate shakes. I personally like the chocolate Shakeology and find that it keeps me regular (history of digestive issues, IBS, etc.). I have it every other day to keep the cost down. I've also done the 21-Day Fix (I didn't stick to the portion containers but they make nice measuring things for cooking!). I like the workouts and think they are effective at working all your muscle groups. Personally, it's sustainable because I use the DVD workouts in conjunction with my overall regimen (running, swimming, etc.). Try Shakeology for a month and if you feel it does you good and you can afford it, keep it up. If not, find something that works for you. What works for one may not be good for another.
  • haley_adolph
    haley_adolph Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Very helpful!! Thank you everyone, chose not to go through with it haha
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    you can buy the workout DVDs without the containers or the shakes.
  • LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried shakeology but it was way too expensive. I use Natures Way SPiro-tein shakes now. they are less then 1/5th the price of shakeology, filled with nutrition and they are low calorie.
  • keishac
    keishac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Shakeology! It is my breakfast everyday of the week. I use unsweetened almond milk which is only 30 calories, add fruit or PB and blend. It really helps get my day going. I have tried the 21 day fix. The workouts are awesome - the food containers take a little getting use to. I think it is a preference thing. You have to decide what is right for you. I have gave up certain things, that I don't miss, to help pay for my shakeology such as drive thru breakfast, started fixing my coffee at home, etc. It helps off set some of the cost. If you have any questions Haley, I would be happy to answer them. :smile: