Weird waist line - Bump and dent!!

Options
Can somebody else relate??

I have this weird line (see photo..) and I hate it! :'(

q07gil3hcfv0.png

It could probably be a generic thing - which is really sad! But does anyone else have the same issue, have you tried anything to minimize etc?

I want a smooth lined waist! :'(

Thanks x

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That is where your rectus abdominis ends, and your obliques begin. There's a line of cartilage there between the two muscle groups. You are normal. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't see a weird line?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    https://pinterest.com/pin/97179304434105907/ I hope this link works. It is a diagram of the abdominal muscles where you can clearly see the dividing line.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    kni8xrv60et5.png

This model has really smooth line on her waist where mine has bumps and it makes me look I have extra fat on the side. I also have read somewhere that some people have "high waist".. I could be one..
    1.png 67.6K
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Amyaya wrote: »
    kni8xrv60et5.png

This model has really smooth line on her waist where mine has bumps and it makes me look I have extra fat on the side. I also have read somewhere that some people have "high waist".. I could be one..

you know that picture is photoshopped, right?
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    gothchiq wrote: »
    https://pinterest.com/pin/97179304434105907/ I hope this link works. It is a diagram of the abdominal muscles where you can clearly see the dividing line.

Yes the link works! Thank you. I dont know however I have always had this shape even when I was a lot slimmer.
    It seems I tend to carry fat around this area a lot which makes it an odd shape??
  • aliaslocke
    aliaslocke Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really don't see what you're talking about.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Can't tell what you are talking about regarding an odd shape... I'm a bit confused here!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. There are no weird lines or bumps.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    you know that picture is photoshopped, right?

:) I didnt think that! That could be a case, too! Haha
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew what you are talking about. The pictures of you and the model hasn't made anything any clearer.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Thanks everyone for comments.

I must be over thinking. I have recently started getting into the whole fitness and weight lifting and I am probably just over-analyzing everything. Sorry for this confusing post! lol
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Are you talking about the little indentation/line that I can kinda see on your left side (which is on the right side of the picture)?

If so, I'm pretty sure that's normal.

And yes, don't ever use a picture of a model's body as a goal/baseline - they're photoshopped to look pretty.

~Lyssa
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Its where your abs are starting to form.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You look like a perfectly normal human to me.
  • Dancetherapist
    Dancetherapist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The vertical line on the right of the picture is ab muscle definition...you should be excited about it :)
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If my belly was small and looked like that. I would be SO happy.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You look great- totally normal!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. The only bump (line) I notice is where your pants/underwear are digging into your hips. If that's what you mean then you just need more appropriately sized bottoms.

Of course this may not be what you're talking about but I have a personal vendetta against things digging into my hips/waist so I'm going to suggest the following: pay attention to where your clothes hit your waist. You may find that lower cut bottoms are much more likely to cut into the minuscule fat you have in the area unless they've got a lot of stretch. (And if they have too much stretch and they're low cut then they may fall off. Ha!) Trial and error!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I just do not even .. cannot even .. I mean .. what on earth are you talking about woman? :neutral:

are you expecting to look like you're a Barbie doll and made out of plastic?

Human beings have muscles -

IMHO you could do with some more definition not less - but it's your body and your ideals - the only way to lose the 'line' would be to add layer of body fat