Polar FT4 vs FT7

Options
howardrw
howardrw Posts: 80 Member
I am planning on purchasing one the the above HRM to replace the one I currently have ( it is a cheap one that is showing inaccurate calorie burn).

I want the next HRM be a more accurate one for the workouts that I do ( this include: Turbo Fire, Kettle Worx and Tae Bo Workouts).

Could anyone her at MFP give me some advice on my next HRM purchase.....

Thanks in advance..................:wink:

Replies

• mrsdoody
    mrsdoody Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

I have ordered a BodyMedia Fit, I can't wait for it to arrive,

but look forward to seeing what response you get from this question!

Good luck in your purchase!

x
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Any of the Polar range are a good mid range HRM. They are pretty accurate. The FT7 has a few more features than the FT4. But they are both very popular. I have a FT7
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and i love it because it's pretty simple, easy to use and not too many complicated features. I think i'd get confused if i got the ft7 lol. But i heard both are good, i think the ft4 is cheaper in price tho.
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    I have the FT4.. does what I need... How long I have exercised, how many calories burnt, how long I was in the 'zone' and heart rate, all of which you can flip through whilst you train... wouldn't have any other HRM now, apart from one with Sat Nav as I do a lot of long distance walking!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just bought an FT7 and as someone else said the only difference is the price and a few features. Both are very good HRM's and will do what you want them to do.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I got a ft7 on Monday and it suddenly started playing up, not registering my heart rate and saying check heart rate transmitter, then suddenly signal ok, I'm hoping that as I only got it on Monday I just need to wash the chest strap as opposed to needing a new battery. Bit annoying really as was enjoying the workout and wanted to log it
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    I just bought the FT4. It takes some exploring, but it seems like a great option.
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am planning on purchasing one the the above HRM to replace the one I currently have ( it is a cheap one that is showing inaccurate calorie burn).

I want the next HRM be a more accurate one for the workouts that I do ( this include: Turbo Fire, Kettle Worx and Tae Bo Workouts).

Could anyone her at MFP give me some advice on my next HRM purchase.....

Thanks in advance..................:wink:

If you are a member at REI, starting tomorrow (Fri), you can use a members 20% off coupon to get whichever you decide to go with. I've been doing some research and think I'm going with the FT7.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I recently got the FT4 and I love it. It shows me what I need to know, and it is easy to figure out. It is very basic but that's all I need.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm another FT4 user. Works great. Unless you're interested in uploading your workouts to the internet or keeping a longer history of your workouts on the HRM (FT4 holds your last nine, the FT7 something like 99) I don't think there's any difference in terms of accuracy between the two.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I got a ft7 on Monday and it suddenly started playing up, not registering my heart rate and saying check heart rate transmitter, then suddenly signal ok, I'm hoping that as I only got it on Monday I just need to wash the chest strap as opposed to needing a new battery. Bit annoying really as was enjoying the workout and wanted to log it
    Make sure you are wetting the two grey areas on the chest strap (either side of the sending unit). If you don't do this, you won't get good skin contact.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    yeah did that, started playing up about 15 mins in, thanks anyway :smile:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. I love it. Like everyone says, the FT7 has just a few extra features.

With the FT7 there is a data transfer feature from HRM to your computer.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7. I've had it for 2 weeks and so far it has been working great.
  • pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had the FT7 for over a month now and have really enjoyed it abilities. it will always tell me when I dogged it a little or when I can go up in weight during Body Pump. Really helps me stay focused and accurate.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    my FT7 is working again :bigsmile:
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sorry to ressurect a topic from a few weeks ago but I am currently trying to decide between these two, as well. I was set on getting the FT4 until I read comments saying that you can upload data from the FT7 to the internet... how is this done? Do you need to buy something extra to get this feature?