Help! 2 days of binge eating!!!!

Ugggghhh I am so disgusted with myself. I've been doing good with exercise and eating well for a little over a month and have lost 15+ pounds but then I overate so much on Wednesday and weighed myself Thursday only to see the scale go up =( so, of course being discouraged, I ate like crap again today. I'm so scared in going to fall off the wagon permanently I've never lasted more than a couple weeks before calorie counting and exercising regularly. And I have 60+ more pounds to lose. I need help to get back on track. I have a wedding in October I'm trying to lose a decent amount by so I'm trying to keep that goal in mind but I'm losing focus. Can you guys please help me out??

Replies

• cherylnail
    cherylnail Posts: 6 Member
    Don't worry about what happened! Get right back on track as if those days didnt exist! You are worth it and YOU can do it!
  • jamielynbrown24
    jamielynbrown24 Posts: 21 Member
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    More than likely you're eating processed foods, stop eating them... Assuming you do the grocery shopping for yourself, stop buying those foods, if you go out and eat all the time, make different choices.

Yup like I said I was doing well for over a month. Lots of chicken and veggies. Not really any processed snacks except my yogurt occasionally. Theses 2 days were out of the blue but very disheartening. Unfortunately I have to keep a few snacks in the house for my husband who insists in them. Anything that keeps you motivated when you fall off track?
  • jamielynbrown24
    cherylnail wrote: »
    Don't worry about what happened! Get right back on track as if those days didnt exist! You are worth it and YOU can do it!

Thank you for your encouragement =)
  • sykospeed76
    sykospeed76 Posts: 2 Member
    Its so easy to fall back into bad habit I have lost 35 pounds and fell into a couple bad days myself but im back at it. I really hope you can find strength continue. :)
  • jamielynbrown24
    Its so easy to fall back into bad habit I have lost 35 pounds and fell into a couple bad days myself but im back at it. I really hope you can find strength continue. :)

I like hearing that others like yourself have gone through the same thing. There are so many amazing stories on here and I try to remind myself that most of them have had the same struggles I have. Thanks and congrats on 35 pounds :)
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    I fall off the wagon on a monthly basis and also any time there's a holiday or weekend travel. I have found that I get back on track quickest if I spend 1-2 days chugging water and fasting until I am physically hungry (which doesn't usually happen until after lunch if I have morning coffee). The water helps flush out the water weight from the sodium in the processed foods, and I usually don't feel as hungry with a gut full of junk food.
  • GlassesWoman
    GlassesWoman Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Jamie. Like Cheryl said, get right back on the horse. Also, I think people are way too hard on themselves and try to get instant results when it's taken them much longer to get into that bad shape to begin with, and that's why they fail. I chose the lowest goal possible. Slow weight loss is better. It teaches you reasonable control, gets you in the habit of eating smaller portions and staying connected, is easier on your poor body and is more likely to make your metabolism normal instead of freaking it out! I have a chronic illness. I know what it means to weigh too much, and to have limitations to what I can physically do with exercise. Still, I have to work at myself in order to honor myself. I kept a mental note of the days I felt the most satisfied with my eating. The most full, the most happy while still staying within my bounds and used that as a guideline. Honestly, I have treats every few days and about every nine days I overeat my calories (that's just an average of what's actually been happening and NOT a goal - lol), I just really watch myself when I am being good and plan for those treats. Going with smaller portions of what I love. If you go slow, you may not reach 60 pounds by your october date, but you MIGHT and I'm certain you will have lost a LOT even if it's not at that exact goal AND you'll be a much happier less stressed person in the meantime. I am at about 5 pounds in the last six weeks. I actually gained two weeks in a row and almost gave up but decided to just keep at my little goal of a half pound a week. Now my body seems to be GETTING it. Being sick has taught me to be kinder to myself. The average weight gain for my illness is 50 pounds. I have never gone over 20 pounds overweight because I use the tips above. :) You can do it! Be kind to yourself in the meantime! Rooting for you!
  • jamielynbrown24

I have fallen off track many times. It's mostly when school starts. It's hard for me to eat the way i want to while going to school.

What helps is planning your meals in advance. Decide what you will eat tomorrow, and log it. Then eat it. With the entire "binging" part. What has helped me is a ketogenic diet, extremely low in carbs, moderate protein, high in fat. The things that give flavor to food is sugar(carbs) and fat. I always believe the more processed carbs you eat the more you will want. It's like a self propelling cycle. I knew this was my issue so I cut out the carbs and did keto. Since I been on keto, i really don't even binge, don't have much desire for those types of foods. I am full, and the food tastes good to me. I did eat some ice cream today, closing the day with 78g of carbs which isn't much. But I have had no desire to eat more(as i usually do).

Not sure if keto based diet is for you, but it might be something to look in to and maybe consider, as I said it has helped me.

Thanks for the idea. I know those processed carbs are a killer and just make me crave more. I guess I should try to find what triggers my cravings the most so I can make sure I stay away. Thanks!
  • jamielynbrown24
    Thanks you for your suggestions and experiences. They are really helping me feel better!!!!!
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Have you thought of incorporating processed food into your daily diet instead of depriving yourself to the point of binging on them? I've found this helpful for myself. I know many people are anti-processed-foods but my thinking pattern is an Oreo/serving of peanut butter a day keeps the binges away. Nothing wrong with moderation!
  • jamielynbrown24
    swole_elsa wrote: »
    Have you thought of incorporating processed food into your daily diet instead of depriving yourself to the point of binging on them? I've found this helpful for myself. I know many people are anti-processed-foods but my thinking pattern is an Oreo/serving of peanut butter a day keeps the binges away. Nothing wrong with moderation!

Yes I understand what you're saying. If I keep Oreos in the house thought I'll eat the whole pack =\ but peanut butter I will have with rice cakes for breakfast I love peanut butter to begin with and it holds me over for a couple hours. I try not to deprive myself if I ever have a craving because I'll just obsess about it. I guess I just really need to find out what sets me off...I need to learn how to to have a "cheat" meal without eating everything in sight the whole night. I need to learn moderation and self control for the days I get cravings for sure.