Can't eat eggs, what other low carb suggestions?

Options
new_view
new_view Posts: 47 Member
Hey everyone,

I've been managing to eat eggs this far on my diet, every other day that is. On the other days I eat special K red berries and milk and my stomach loves it. Every time I have my egg white breakfast I almost feel like throwing up but have managed to keep it down. Yesterday was a different story and I REALLY can't look at them again after that.

I think it is clear my body doesn't want the eggs since they make me literally sick.

I don't want to only eat the sugary carby breakfast cereal but it seems to be all my body wants.

Any suggestions other than eggs and egg whites for breakfast??

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Meat or a high protein cereal like Kashi.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! Low cal, good protein, and pretty satisfying. I prefer the brand "Fage" with the fruit in the side cup portions.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    I like low sugar oatmeal : )
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i eat non typical breakfast items

i have light bread with turkey bacon and a boca vegan burger. sooo much protein and fiber. :] kinda an aquired taste.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt and cottage cheese mixed together.. (try it is delish)

A english muffin with peanut butter is FANTASTIC!

Cream of Wheat is my favorite mixed with a 1/4 vanilla soy milk and 1 tbs of honey

Kashi makes really good cereals, if you eat them with skim or low fat milk they aren't bad

Fruit, with cottage cheese is good

A cheese stick with a bagle is really good

Brie is FANTASTIC melted on a bagle.

Rice, with milk cinnamon and sugar/honey/ stevia your choice Is fantastic, you eat it like cereal. except don't cool the rice.
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    There are protein bars too. Steel cut oats, which is oatmeal but better. I know smartones has breakfast stuff, kashi has waffles
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! Low cal, good protein, and pretty satisfying. I prefer the brand "Fage" with the fruit in the side cup portions.

Great idea! I also drink protein shakes in the a.m. with soymilk and berries!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Try some low-sodium turkey sausage or a few slices of bacon. I know they are notoriously high in fat, but if you limit yourself to just a few pieces and then fortify it with some fruit you'll be doing yourself a favor. Just out of curiosity, why are you limiting carbs in the morning?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i love protien! yogurt, beans, protien shakes and bars are very helpful, turkey bacon is one of my faves, umm, high protien carbs like quinoa

list!
    http://heartspring.net/list_of_high_protein_foods.html
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    English muffins with peanut butter.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not sure what carb count you're attempting to consume for breakfast but what about meat? Like 2-3 slices of bacon or 2 links of sausage (turkey or pork) with a side of berries?

Someone posted an extensive list of low carb alternatives to the recipes forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/243207-breakfast-ideas-for-primal-paleo-low-carb-gluten-free-gr
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like to switch my breakfast around and use Almond or Coconut Milk.

I have found Ezekiel 4:9 has a few cereals to choose from but I like the original with flax.

I also have Millet puffs that I add flax seeds and a banana or blueberries.

Bob's Red Mill 100% Whole Grain - 10 Grain Hot cereal.

Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes that I have used as a hot cereal.

When I don't have cereal I like to have my eggs & Ezekiel 4:9 low sodium or Spelt toasted and either cantaloupe or pineapple on the side.
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I guess it's not so much that I am trying to limit my carbs as I am trying to get more protein for the calories than is offered with all the carby breakfast items.

I love love love almond milk, I use to make smoothies with it in the morning I could probably start that back up again but I got to the point where I didn't want just a smoothie for breakfast. I could probably be better off doing that on my running days.

I am all about bacon man! I will definitely buy some of that this week.

And yum to the Brie, I havent gotten that cheese yet on my new healthy diet but I will now!