Humph

Options
Has lost no weight this week even though I was under calorie goal everyday. Let everything else in my life gonna have to work twice has hard to get what I want . My body wants me to live on 700 calories, I can't !!!! :/

Replies

• usernoid1
    usernoid1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to not worry about it. I just spent the majority of this month going up and down the same 4 pounds until last Saturday. My body will lose some number - 7 - 10 lbs - then just stop and sit there for 2 or 3 weeks even though never go over my calorie requirement for the day. Yes, the ever dreaded plateau. So far I have lost 117 lbs with more to go, so I know of what I speak! It could be a number of things. Your body could be "adjusting" to your new weight. You could be gaining muscle weight and losing fat weight - which is a great thing. Your water weight may be fluctuating while your fat weight is decreasing. Any huge number of things. I just focus on the numbers, which helps soothe me. I wear a fitbit 24/7. I also have a scale that measures weight, % of body water, % of muscle, % of fat and % of bone weight. My muscle has increased a little but there are usually fluctuations in water and am happy to say the % of fat is going down. I figure, as long as I have a deficit in calories, it's all good.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's only been a week, that's nothing! Weight loss isn't linear - some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. You've got to follow the overall trend over several weeks.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week, that's nothing! Weight loss isn't linear - some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. You've got to follow the overall trend over several weeks.

^^This.

There could be any number of reasons why you didn't lose this week, including 'just because'.