Losing Weight But Not Body Fat

Hi, I have lost 13 kg in the last 4 months using MFB, I went from 85.7 to right now at 72.4. However, I still have a lot of body fat, such as around the belly and thighs. I would like to get rid of these. But I'm worried loosing too much weight might lower my BMI as I am 6 foot. If anyone has any suggestions or information, that would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    You can't spot reduce unfortunately and BMI is great for statistic purposes, but it's not so great as an individual measurement. I would suggest getting your body fat professionally measured, or at least start taking body measurements, and start a progressive (heavy) lifting program. That will help immensely. Best of luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Hi, I have lost 13 kg in the last 4 months using MFB, I went from 85.7 to right now at 72.4. However, I still have a lot of body fat, such as around the belly and thighs. I would like to get rid of these. But I'm worried loosing too much weight might lower my BMI as I am 6 foot. If anyone has any suggestions or information, that would be great. Thanks.

You've lost some body fat

when you lose scale weight each pound is made up of fat, water and LBM

you can't spot reduce as you know so you have to keep on dropping weight - but following a progressive weights routine at the same time to minimise the amount of LBM you lose - at 6 foot and 159lbs I'd be wary too .. so eat at or slightly below maintenance as you train and aim for body recomp
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    You ARE losing body fat. Are you lifting?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    This is called skinny fat. Yes, you definitely need to start weight lifting and stop the calorie deficit. You should calculate your maintenance calories and focus on protein while starting a weight lifting regiment. Gaining muscles will eventually lead to weight gain (but it will be lean body mass and water, hopefully, not fat). However, you will definitely lose inches if you're doing it right.
  • batmanforever126
    batmanforever126 Posts: 8 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You ARE losing body fat. Are you lifting?
    Yes, I lift 2-3 times a week.
  • batmanforever126
    wkwebby wrote: »
    This is called skinny fat. Yes, you definitely need to start weight lifting and stop the calorie deficit. You should calculate your maintenance calories and focus on protein while starting a weight lifting regiment. Gaining muscles will eventually lead to weight gain (but it will be lean body mass and water, hopefully, not fat). However, you will definitely lose inches if you're doing it right.
    I am almost reaching my recommended protein goal, only 4-5g off almost every day. And thank you!
  • batmanforever126
    Could someone also suggest a few lifting routines/exercises for me?