what is overwhelming

Options
What is more overwhelming to, Eating with in your goal during the day or exercising every day?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Being fat.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I find getting the exercise is the most difficult for me. I have done this eating thing all my life nearly.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I personally find fitness harder, because I've been eating all my life and only have to modify it to fit my goals, whereas I've not been particularly active, so fitness is a whole new area to play in.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    Neither really, although eating within my calorie goals can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

Exercise is easy. It has been a rare day over the past 25+ years that I haven't exercised. It usually takes a serious injury or illness to keep me from at least walking.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Eating enough to sustain my activities. Between training and general life, I have to eat more now then ever before.
  • zeinmr
    zeinmr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Resistance workout is more challenging especially if you are regularly interrupted by injuries
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Neither - it's just what I do now. :smile:
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am so used to the working out now, I rarely do not get six days a week unless I am on vacation. The eating is still tough for me.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    The eating part. I have a very low allowance because of my size and age. I don't have to eat a lot of food to go way over my targets. Today my FitBit HR said I burned around 1400; I ate over 1600, and I need to eat under 1200 to lose. Even 1600 isn't a ton of food. I sit with my sons and husband and watch as they load their plates while I measure out my measly 4 oz. of chicken an 1/2 cup of rice.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If I do both the exercise and eating within my goal, it isn't overwhelming for me. However, if I don't manage to get the exercise in, the calorie goal is a little harder to deal with but as long as I plan ahead I usually do good.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Food is generally easier for me than exercise. Once I'm on track with both I'm usually pretty good. It's if I fall off track that it's hard to yank myself back on track with exercise being harder.
  • racail
    racail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise. It's the food that's hard! I'm hungry!!
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Logging exercise calories and trying to be accurate. I just gave up. Of course I'm going to work out every day, but only eat inside my calorie goal and not worry about what I'm burning or whether or not I should eat them back. I've tried and that's overwhelming to me.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Am not finding either are overwhelming. So far (two weeks of logging) it's fairly easy to eat within calorie goals even on my rest days; on my high activity days sometimes my biggest challenge is taking in enough calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Definitely eating within my goal. For me, it's a daily challenge. I've just start walking 10+ miles everyday, in the hopes of taking some of the pressure off.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    10 miles is a heck of a lot of walking but good luck to you if that is your goal.

I must admit I like having some daily cardio so I have some buffer calorie deficit to work with. Most of it I get from running, but there's also coaching soccer, walking the dog, going for a ride on the bike, or digging up the back yard (still on my To Do list).
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Being fat like someone said.
  • SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Eating within my goal is much much harder for me. I love my gym time
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    They are different. I find the food control just dull. Exercise can be variable. It's hard work if you are pushing yourself (which you should be imo), but I do it out of habit now. Neither is overwhelming because i worked on my mindset beforehand and have a clear undestanding of what im doing and why.

You can prevent things from being overwhelming by only setting targets in a manageable way in the first place.
    Keeping on top of things so you only see victories, helps.

Oberwhelmed is unhelpful so dont let it happen.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For me it's neither. I love to exercise and can eat as many as 2050 calories a day which is more than what I can actually eat in one day anyway.