Logging new weight

Options
how long do you wait to log a new low weight? First time you see it? Third?

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You should log your weight once a week on the same day for consistency.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As soon as I see it! .....okay, the second day.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I try to give it at least two days for a loss. I have a spreadsheet I keep of daily weigh ins but I only log it into MFP if it seems to stick. I actually never log a gain since I know it will go eventually and I want it to really be a loss when the status update says it is.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I record my weight daily into Fitbit, which forwards to MFP and trendweight.com so I can see if I'm losing, maintaining or gaining overall.

If you only plan to log your weight in here when you have a loss, I would go with if you see it 2 days in a row or something similar.

Your weight is going to fluctuate all over the place, so don't freak out if you see a loss and a gain shortly thereafter.

~Lyssa
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Immediately.
  • Kaylinerst3663
    Kaylinerst3663 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I generally go two days of the same number range (or lower) before putting it in. So for example I saw 207.8 today but yesterday I saw 208.6 and the day before 209.2. I would record my weight officially as 209. Depending on what I see on my next weigh in, I will put in the higher of the lower numbers.

I don't record gains on mfp unless it is a large gain from failure to eat properly for weeks. I use a daily tracker (weightcommander.com) to look at small fluctuations.

I guess its a complicated system, but i weigh myself multiple times a day. (I like to see the fluctuations and don't get too bothered by them) But the only weigh-in I officially take is the one in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every day, be it higher or lower ... But I just like to see the graph go up, and down mostly :P
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a hard question. I log my weight every single morning in a TDEE spreadsheet. On here - I log all losses as they happen, but gains only if they stay around for more than a week. But I only track my weight on a monthly basis, in a spreadsheet.

I might have an issue ;)
  • caaber01
    caaber01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Within seconds lol. I only log new lows on mfp, but log my daily weights on a different weight tracking app. It allows me to see trends, but also prevents mfp from telling me ive lost the same lb or two over and over.
    Seriously though, if i weigh in at a new low, i log it in seconds! Haha it excites me
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning. Once a week is enough for me. Although I weigh myself morning and night every day - habit I can't seem to break. Pleased to hear I not alone with the scales fluctuating on a daily basis. Because of this unless I know a gain is an actual gain I leave my weight the same. If I know I have gone off track then I put the increase in. So nice to see it coming down again. I hope I don't see that too often though.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As soon as it happens! I weigh daily, and then update any losses. I have noticed that now I'm under 200 my weight fluctuates a bit more day to day, but I never log the "gains."
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As soon as I see a loss! I only log losses on mfp but I log daily fluctuations on the happy scale app and that keeps a rolling average so I can see if I'm gaining or losing overall. Works for me!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i record my weight on friday mornings. so... whatever it is, thats what i log.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I log mine daily here
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I log mine daily, first thing in the morning after my morning whizz for consistency. log it on MFP which forwards to Fitbit.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    caaber01 wrote: »
    how long do you wait to log a new low weight? First time you see it? Third?

I log everyday.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week whether it stays the same, increases or decreases.