Setting macros for Atkins??? Help please!!

Options
How did it work for you and how did you set your macros( carbs protein and fats)?

Replies

• naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started Atkins way of eating 2 weeks ago. Up until now I have been logging in both MFP and Atkins free tool as well. Atkins free tool helped me monitor my carb in take because MFP was completely off in my macro readings.

Since I like MFP tracker better, I too started inquiring about the macro settings to follow Atkins. In researching, I found this site http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/. Fill in the fields and it will calculate what your macros should be!

Good luck!

By the way, I've been eating by the Atkins rules and I in two weeks I lost 4 lbs (2 lbs per week).
  • tabithahayes2000
    tabithahayes2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So just give me an example of what you sent yours to on my fitness pal

• naonah
    Options
    j7fr8u20p4vi.jpg
  • naonah
    Options
    The only problem I've found with this is that it looks at pure carbs, not net carbs (carbs-fibre) like Atkins does. So I just make that calculation myself rather than rely on the percentage of carbs eaten as it says. So, it shows you the grams of carbs you've eaten, but you have to see the total fibre and deducted. Basically your total carbs eaten may appear, as per those macros, to beslightly higher than what it should be...don't panic, just calculate your net carbs to make sure you're ok.

Hope this is clear