How often do you go out to eat and does it effect your weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat out or get takeout 3-4 times a week. I've been maintaining for over a year.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just figure out what you want to eat beforehand and input the calories and work around them that day. It's ok to go a little over too :)

Personally, I go "out" to eat 2-3 times a week. I usually go to Panera at least once to reunite with the love of my life, the BBQ Chicken Salad, and/or I go to Qdoba on my long midweek run days because BURRITOS(!!) and I usually get pizza or take out after my long Sunday runs when I have 2500-3000+ cals to eat in a day. I still maintain/lose every week.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat at least once or twice a week, sometimes more depending on the social calendar. It hasn't hurt my weight loss, but I don't think I have any weeks when I didn't go out to eat so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I look at the menus ahead of time, and the nutrition facts if it's a chain, and try to make good choices. I log everything and know that I'll probably be up the next day because restaurant meals tend to be higher in sodium than what I make at home, but I know it'll be gone in a day or two so I don't worry about it. Oh, and enjoy!
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I eat out every couple of weeks, and to be honest, am not very good at saying no to all the yummy things on the menu, but to be honest haven't found it slows things down all that much really - just make sure you eat well in between, and try not to over-do it at the meal. If you can stay in maintenance, great!