what is overwhelming

Options
2»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Psychologically it's more difficult for me to eat to my calorie goal if I don't train, burning off 700-1000 calories then eating back is more fulfilling than just eating to 2100 calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Neither are overwhelming. I guess the exercise is slightly (only a pinch) challenging because there is sometimes the temptation to put it off until later and then later gets here and I need to do laundry, the dishes, etc. But I truly enjoy exercising, not just for the physical benefits but also for the mental challenge and peace of mind it gives me so I don't consider it overwhelming.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Eating less is definitely harder for me. I have no issue exercising now that I see all the opportunities available to me for exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Being fat.

this
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Neither is overwhelming for me any more because I eat what I eat and the workouts I do are a major part of my life.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Neither should be overwhelming. Keep trying different things until you find something much less stressful.
  • truckerdan279
    truckerdan279 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Neither is overwhelming. What is overwhelming is trying to do both while being in a different location every day. It's definitely a challenge but it's pretty cool to be able to hike on a part of the PCT one day, the AZ trail another day, walk down the back roads of CT or any other state. I'm blessed but it's still a challenge.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Neither need be overwhelming. Plan ahead and organise yourself. Practise makes perfect and the longer you do both the easier it will get... Finding exercise you enjoy can be challenging and then making time for it of course but you need to make a commitment to yourself if you want to succeed at weight loss and exercise goals. just do it!!!