Struggling....need mfp friends! ☺

Options
Since last fall I was on a great lifestyle change. More active, had a trainer 2x a week, ate pretty good. I lost about 30lbs. I then ended up tearing my calf muscle a little over 3 weeks ago. Since then, I haven't been able to exercise because I had to rest my leg. I was so upset about the set back that I completely fell back into bad eating habits. I have gained 10 lbs these last few weeks and feel so discouraged after months of the hard work, thrown away in a few weeks. Can't wait for leg to heal to get back to working out but just need some mfp to keep me in this long road ahead. I have over 100 lbs I want to lose. Please add me!! Thanks.

Replies

• AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not being able to work out is SUCH a drag and makes it so much harder to lose weight or keep weight off. And the sheer bummer-ness of it all makes it so easy to fall back into bad eating habits! I totally agree!
    As far as the first part - best to let your body heal. You might be able to do something physical like yoga or pilates or upper body work but your calf will get better sooner if you protect it so be sure that whatever you choose to do is kind to your calf.
    As far as the second, I try to remind myself to live in the present moment. Meaning? I blew it for the past few weeks but that's the past. I can't change the past. The present is right now - this very minute - and that's where I can do something positive. If I feel like eating crap - substitute a (boring) healthy something. If I feel like eating a quadruple portion of that something healthy, I try to measure out a reasonable portion and then GET AWAY FROM THE SOURCE OF FOOD! Go for a walk. Go for a drive. GO.
    I'm a yoga and meditation instructor so this should all be easy but nothing's easy when it comes to weight issues. At least not for me.
    Good luck!
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun, Its your Calf muscle.. what about other exercises where you don't need to use that... do something... don't let yourself go...
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hope you heal quickly! I would love to be friends. Feel free to add me!
  • volmama1
    volmama1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Struggling mom of 2. Feel free to add me