What should I do?

Options
Hi there, so this weekend is the first of many this summer coming that we will be going to our family trailer. It usually involves relaxing and of course alcohol. I love sitting around a fire having a few drink with good friends and family. I don't wanna forget my goal of watching my calories but I also don't wanna not have fun. It's so hard to stay on track when there are so many temptations (wine is my cryptonite) I know there are lots of low cal bevs to have. Help!!!! What should I do?

Replies

• ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I Don't drink alchohol myself- but I do understand how prominent it is in some families gatherings. That said- I would suggest carefully calories eating- and moderation drinking. You could also try to get in a hike or two to ofset the extra calories. Enjoy your weekend :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    could you decide ahead of time that you are going to drink wine one night? The problem sometimes isn't the wine, but the lack of caring about what you eat that might come with the wine!

I agree with ninth...get some exercise in to give you a few more calories. Eat healthy when you can, bring a giant fruit salad or some veggies to nibble on when chips are out. You might be surprised how many other people go for the healthy options!
  • Suzette1979mfp
    Suzette1979mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know it's mind over matter. The bad food isn't to bad of a temptation. As far as working out. We will be doing a lot of moving furniture and cleaning because we're moving from our old trailer to a new one. I'm sure that alone will burn lots of calories. The fruit and veggies are a good idea to have while we're chillin out by the fire. Thanks for your input:D
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Do a good workout - burn enough calories that you can save for the alcohol, log it. Don't drink more than your allowance. Think of calories like money...if you work to earn the money you can spend it. If you don't, you wouldn't go buy $100 worth of groceries if your bank account only had $80, would you?
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it. I actually started measuring my alcohol, I don't care if I look silly. Maybe make your small glass of wine feel bigger my making it a spritzer. that way you are still feeling like its volume, but club soda has nada calories.