HUUUUUUNGRY days!

Options
Boy am I having one of these today! I have just had a huge lunch (for me) of 800 calories and I could still eat more. Perhaps my body knows about the workout I have planned for it later. I'll still be within my calories once I add in calories burned so that's fine - but I was wondering whether anyone else has days where their body seems to want all the food on earth and what do you do?

Replies

• kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I SOOOO have those days. I try to eat a whole lot of something not very calorie dense (salad, green beans, air popped popcorn). Normally that will calm me down. But sometimes I just 2 bites of this 3 bites of that may way FAR past my calorie goal. I don't know what it is. On other days I hardly feel like eating at all.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    yes and normally them days i eat as high as 2600 cals it happen to me like maybe 4 times per month so far and sometime just twice this normally happens when iam way more active then usual
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I have those days as well. If I'm legitimately hungry (like, my stomach is growling) I will just go ahead and eat, but I try to eat small portions at a time to make sure I don't eat more than I'm really hungry for.
    If it's just the weasels in my brain obsessing over food, I try to ignore them.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. Even though I have regular "re-feeds", I still have days where I feel like I can eat all the food. It's usually a couple times a month. Probably tied more to hormones than anything else even though my workouts can be pretty gnarly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A whole week of it before my period. Totally sucks. I was 3500 calories over maintenance last week because of it.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I definitely have these days as well. I go for a walk and drink a big glass of water. If I'm still hungry then I eat.
  • jocey517
    jocey517 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm having one of those days today - struggling right now and chugging water to try to fill my stomach before I eat. I get frustrated especially when yesterday I ate so well but c'est la vie:)
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Happens every once in a while. I drink more water and cope.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I hate those days. They rank right up there with "water weight gain" as the bane of my existence. :( If I really can't stand it, I add another fairly low calorie snack. Sometimes working out helps - at least it distracts me for a while. Otherwise, I basically try to white-knuckle my way through it, go to bed early, and hope that the next day I won't be so darn hungry.
  • MommaBear1977
    MommaBear1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For me it's definitely hormonal but this has caused me a few times to just give up.. I'm starting to learn that I need to just step away from those day and keep on no matter the damage done. Tea with a bit of honey seems to be working these days.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yup day after Deadlift day (which is today) and my belly is hungry an hour earlier than it should be...my hungry days are usually day after DL day or my rest days.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Gah those days suckkkkkkk... I usually end up snacking those days... some turkey jerky, some air popcorn then to finish it off pickles... so frreaking weird... I hate it because I try so hard not to. I have that happen once or twice a month, so I figure it's ok every now and then especially since I'm so much more active these days.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, just know I'm right there with you. I had fried chicken and waffles for lunch yesterday and fast food tacos and a burrito and chips and salsa and guacomole for dinner last night. It was fantastic. And I didn't even have a work out yeterday. I did make sure to get in the gym this morning though, but we're getting pizza brought in for lunch.....sooooo.....
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yeah, empty days happen. Yesterday was one, but somehow I managed not to eat ALL THE THINGS even though I wanted to.
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone! I was glad I managed to select healthy options from the canteen. I could have had fried food or chocolate, a giant baked potato with cheese...but I had a salad with spiced Chicken breast so that's a win.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I usually have two days like this right before TOM. I just allow myself to have more but not over my maintenance. Hasn't affected any loss at a noticeable level.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Like many I have this just before TOM. It sucks. ..and is why I sometimes cut some calories out of the week before to give me more leeway.
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Can't really speak to female related issues but yes, some days I'm hungrier than others. I have to stay away from calorie-dense foods otherwise I'd be right back where I started in no time. So,... my solution is to always stock a "hearty" high protein, low calorie/gram food in the fridge. Currently it's Chicken Creole at 0.7 calories/gram or just 318 calories for a full POUND! I can eat 'til I'm full with no guilt and stay well under my limit. Water, lettuce, raw veggies, etc. just doesn't cut it for me sometimes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh yes, i definitely have those days LOL

*usually* though, the really bad ones, are because its TOM or getting close - and really our bodies burn more calories then so I tend to give in a little more, or up to maintenance for a few days to get me through without being a miserable *kitten* LOL