Bad 2 days does not mean giving up

Options
Whenever I screw up and binge, I usually hide from the fact and stop posting/keeping track of calories/shying away from the internet support in general. Well I'm really trying to break free of binging. I had gone 5 days binge free before I overate yesterday and then my mind frame went to the usual "oh this day is ruined... just give in to a binge". And I did. Ate at least 1000 calories of chocolate plus 3 beers. This morning I woke up and felt crappy. So what did I do? Binge on more chocolate, chips, and McDonald's.

I feel bloated and gross. I don't want to stop posting and I plan on entering in my calories even though it will reflect 3000+ cals of junk food.

That is my confession. I will continue to post here as I am not less deserving. Tomorrow I will still indulge at a family Christmas party, and that's okay even if I did just have a rough two days.

How everyone else is well.

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Whenever I screw up and binge, I usually hide from the fact and stop posting/keeping track of calories/shying away from the internet support in general. Well I'm really trying to break free of binging. I had gone 5 days binge free before I overate yesterday and then my mind frame went to the usual "oh this day is ruined... just give in to a binge". And I did. Ate at least 1000 calories of chocolate plus 3 beers. This morning I woke up and felt crappy. So what did I do? Binge on more chocolate, chips, and McDonald's.

I feel bloated and gross. I don't want to stop posting and I plan on entering in my calories even though it will reflect 3000+ cals of junk food.

That is my confession. I will continue to post here as I am not less deserving. Tomorrow I will still indulge at a family Christmas party, and that's okay even if I did just have a rough two days.

How everyone else is well.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh! McDonalds got me too!
    Totally understanding....
    I agree, it happened you accepted it...time to move forward.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jasonbroccoli
    Options
    I agree, as well. I ate a lot last night, but, it's not the end of the world. It is part of my world with Weight Watchers, actually. I can do that once in a while. :) The important thing is just not to do it all the time.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    We had Bojangles today and I didn't eat but half of my meal (for a change) but we also had a Christmas dinner and I went about 1000 calories over my daily allowance. So I haven't done very well either. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my calories right!!!! And I also did an exercise DVD this evening.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I heard a theory on a podcast the other day, it goes like this:

If you had a flat tire on your car, you would fix it right?

You wouldn't say what the hell I might as well slash the other 3.

That was a really great metaphor for me. :wink: And since we are confessing, I have been in the same boat with you all week, but have logged my food no matter how very painful it was.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I too just logged a bad day! I wasn't going to but I think it's better to be accountable rather than getting into bad habits of pretending that it never happened! It does happen & it will but the important thing is to accept responsibility & learn from it! After all, tomorrow is another day!! - Scarlett O'Hara
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    That's right sani-- fiddle dee dee-- lol.

I don't know how many Pringles I had, so it's tough to log them-- I was right at my calories for the day when I opened a can of Pringles for my 2yo at Walmart, and dug in right with him. Fatigue and Pringles-- perfect together.

It's been a rough week all around-- holiday gatherings, et cetera-- I'm getting some exercise in, but I'll be glad when the holidays are over and I can get my "first of the year" focus and get going towards goal.

Have a great night all--
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options

That was a really great metaphor for me. :wink: And since we are confessing, I have been in the same boat with you all week, but have logged my food no matter how very painful it was.

That is a great analogy!! I plan to keep that one in mind. I too find it hard not to "skim some off the top" when I'm entering my food on a bad day to make it look not as bad as it was. But, those days are just reminders to me that I need to be more conscious in the days that follow. :happy:

I have actually found by using the food journal on this site that in my mind I was over exaggerating my bad days. In my mind, that food from McDonald's must have added 10 pounds instantly...but, then I log it and at my next weigh-in I may have still lost a pound. By logging the food it has shown me that my "bad" days were not nearly as bad as I was making myself feel about them.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Agree
  • melissa91971
    Options
    LOVE the flat tire analogy. I have learnd over the years to not give up after a binge and say "well this day is blown might as well eat what i want untill tomarrow."

I learned that only leads to a FULL day of over bingeing and then total regret. Both hard to recover from. So now my thoughts are "ok, so i binged, time to start repairing the damage now. exercise and try to eat right the rest of the day!"

Don't wait untill tomarrow start over now!

~Mel

p.s. I have a hard time admiting my calories when I had a binge day. Just thought I would admit that much to all of you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

YES! And you would fix it NOW not wait until Monday morning!!