I have a hard time losing weight what should I do.

Options
ive always been active playing sports and working a lot but I always have had a hard time losig weight what should I do?

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You say nothing about how many calories you're eating. If you eat more calories than you are burning (through mere existence and exercise), then you will gain weight.
  • emili2013
    emili2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm normal under the recommended amount and that's trying to eat more then I would want to eat
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Eat less. It's great that you're active but in order to lose weight you have to eat less calories then you burn.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    emili2013 wrote: »
    I'm normal under the recommended amount and that's trying to eat more then I would want to eat

What is the recommended amount and what are you usually hitting?
  • emili2013
    Options
    1600 and and I eat between 800-1100
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Keep trying?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

If you're truly eating between 800-1100 and being active you won't struggle to lose weight (in fact you'd end up making yourself very ill on that little). Do you weigh everything you eat?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Would you consider opening your diary? This sounds like a logging issue.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

By your picture, and the fact that you have your ticker set to lose 5 pounds, my guess is you are pretty small. The smaller you are, the harder it is to lose weight. Also, you need to eat more because 800-1000 is not enough to fuel anyone's body. The most you should try to lose is .5 pounds a week, and even that will take longer than the 10 or so weeks because of how little you have to lose.

If you are really at a healthy BMI, you might look into weight lifting rather than trying to lose weight. If you heavy weight lift, you become smaller but you might either stay the same or put on a few pounds. The point is you will be smaller even though you weigh a bit more. The scale is a tool for weight measurement only, so try not to get attached to the number.

Finally, what are your stats? You might open your diary if you want specific feedback.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

If you're truly eating between 800-1100 and being active you won't struggle to lose weight (in fact you'd end up making yourself very ill on that little). Do you weigh everything you eat?

And this.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Open you're diary op. If your recommended calorie intake is 1600 and you're eating 1000 you will loose weight. It's maths and non negotiable. This means you are probably eating more calories than you realise or are burning less (through normal daily activities or exercise). It's a common mistake when you start out but if you open your diary you will get some good advice to get you where you want to be.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

No way you are eating this and exercising and not losing fat.
    Sounds like a weighing / logging error.

Do you use a food scale to weigh your food ?
    Do you log 100% of your food 7 days a week ?
    What is your daily exercise and calorie burn ?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Here is a great read on the 11 most common reasons you are having a hard time losing fat.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • emili2013
    Options
    I opened it I believe
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I opened it I believe

Yeah... everything's in cups and spoons. Start weighing, you may be surprised how much you're actually eating.

It also appears you've only been logging for 3 days.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    As far as I can see, this is your third day logging - that's not nearly enough time to declare that you can't lose weight.

Next, assuming you're being honest in your logging, you're starving yourself. Stop.

Finally, you're taking Hydroxycut - six pills a day? Stop. There's no reason to do this to your body.

You have five pounds to lose and your approach to it is dangerous and disordered. You can eat real food, a good amount of it, not take pills and still lose weight. Losing weight isn't a race or a contest. Set your goal to lose .5lbs/week - get food scale, give it some time. It'll happen.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Have you always been eating just vegetables and granola bars? I see you just started logging, so is it a new thing?
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    As far as I can see, this is your third day logging - that's not nearly enough time to declare that you can't lose weight.

Next, assuming you're being honest in your logging, you're starving yourself. Stop.

Finally, you're taking Hydroxycut - six pills a day? Stop. There's no reason to do this to your body.

You have five pounds to lose and your approach to it is dangerous and disordered. You can eat real food, a good amount of it, not take pills and still lose weight. Losing weight isn't a race or a contest. Set your goal to lose .5lbs/week - get food scale, give it some time. It'll happen.

Yes this.

Also, I noticed your entry for egg whites from 4 eggs. It's logged as 80 calories but Og of carbs, 0g of protein, and 0g of fat. Something that is 80 calories cannot of 0g of all of the macros.

• OHaraFitness
    OHaraFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The problem is you are not eating enough. Your body won't burn fat if it feels it isnt gettin enough to survive. This goes back to Caveman days when man did not have regular meals and would have to live off their fat if they didnt get a meal soon. What you need to do is trick your body into burning fat. Feed yourself 6 small meals a day, this does not just boost the metabolism but also tell your body it is safe to keep and build muscle. Muscle will burn fat up like crazy. If you are active and exercising with a poor diet you are doing more harm than good. You also need to add carbs, let the carbs fuel your body. Carb free diets do nothing but slow your metabolsim, you want the faster metabolism around, this allows for fat loss while watching TV
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    The problem is you are not eating enough. Your body won't burn fat if it feels it isnt gettin enough to survive. This goes back to Caveman days when man did not have regular meals and would have to live off their fat if they didnt get a meal soon. What you need to do is trick your body into burning fat. Feed yourself 6 small meals a day, this does not just boost the metabolism but also tell your body it is safe to keep and build muscle. Muscle will burn fat up like crazy. If you are active and exercising with a poor diet you are doing more harm than good. You also need to add carbs, let the carbs fuel your body. Carb free diets do nothing but slow your metabolsim, you want the faster metabolism around, this allows for fat loss while watching TV

There's a lot of questionable information in this post, but given the state of her logging, how are you so confident that she isn't eating enough?