a NSV... that leads to disappointment... kinda

Options
I've managed day 2 of couch to 5k! (That's my NSV, didn't think I'd manage the first day!)
Disappointment when I went to buy new running leggings, to find out that I'm bigger than I thought, even after losing 3 KGS....
But it makes me more determined to keep running and keeping an eye on food.

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Our bodies change in so many different ways as we lose weight. My thighs are now half the size they used to be but my calves are still huge. -_- I want them to go down because I want to wear high fitting boots.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It feels that much better when the size you wanted DO fit. I bought some designer jeans online (Naked and Famous brand) and even though I went only one size down from my baggy old jeans, I can't even button them up. However three weeks ago I could do zero buttons, one week ago I could do 1 button, today I can do two. When I get that top button done up 2-3 weeks from now I know I'll feel like a million bucks.

Treat it as an opportunity and not a disappointment!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Ct5k is a brilliant programme. It won't be long before you'll be legging shopping again.
  • catinamess
    catinamess Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My tummy has shrunk a bit but not quite as much as I imagined!
    @Zedeff yeah, can't wait for that! I bought the bigger size as I don't want to be uncomfortable when running, but can't wait to be able to get the smaller size!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I went through that when I needed to buy some new jeans a while back. My stomach is just the last place to give up its fat. It's frustrating, but it's part of the process.
    Congrats on your progress!
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I started C25K yesterday! I hope you keep going, it wasn't as bad as I thought, so I know we can both do it!

But I totally get it about the leggings, normally I buy a Large, and they only fit for about 2 weeks until they stretch and start falling down when I run, but a medium won't fit me in the beginning. Plus, legging sizes are so weird, maybe your ones run small? Don't worry about it!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i lost above the waist first (even though i didn't want to go down in bra size THAT much, haha). it took a while for my waist and hip sizes to go down. keep it up! C25K is amazing!
  • InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my bra straps kept falling down.. Good news is that I'm losing weight.. bad news is that its from my boobs! ;p
  • catinamess
    Options
    Haha, yes, i expect my boobs will be the first thing to go (although I'm breastfeeding so they are bigger than usual anyway)
    The floor length mirror in the shop didn't help (I still have a surprise every time I see my bottom, it's so much bigger than I think!)
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ct5k is a brilliant programme. It won't be long before you'll be legging shopping again.

This is so true. I went through the entire C25K program starting in February. I kept with it and I just ran a real 5K race last weekend!!! It was amazing! I feel like it took awhile to see a difference with starting to run, but all of a sudden, my legs are much thinner and stronger. I feel like running gave me a whole new level of calorie burn. Oh, and once you are done with C25K, there are a number of running programs available that can help you out. I'm using MapMyRun. Good luck! Keep with it!! You'll be happy that you did!
  • catinamess
    Options
    @Slashnl congrats! It seems like it's something that sustainable (especially as I haven't run since school.... Over 10 years ago!)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K a little over a month ago, though I'm still on week 3 'cause that one's kicking my butt and I don't want to advance until I can do it more easily.

I find it's an achievement just for being able to run! I love the feeling of it 'cause I could never, ever run before. I love being stronger and able to do things I never used to be able to do.

As for clothing size, running won't make me get smaller or more toned or lose weight on its own. Most cardio exercise won't. Calorie deficit and strength training are what's required for that. But I'm enjoying running for its own sake, and for the benefits to my overall health.
  • BananaAssassin
    BananaAssassin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    But all that's going to change soon, so put on some nice comfy running gear and run your butt off, my friend.