I have a hard time losing weight what should I do.

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, it seems you're starving yourself and possibly not being truthful about "occasional" binges that are possibly off-setting your low calories. You will lose weight on 800 calories/day and high activity, but it's not a healthy way to lose. If this has been a long standing issue, seeing an ED therapist and going to an RD who has experience with this can help with the "re-feeding" process.
  • emili2013
    emili2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have used this for more then three days with a crazy life schedule sometimes it is hard to remember to log on I have made it a goal to do it now I haven't weighted food but I do measure everything based off of the serving. Size I work in a fasted paced whole sale produce market 5 ten hour days so I am constantly on the move . I have had this issue all threw my life not just now
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    emili2013 wrote: »
    I have used this for more then three days with a crazy life schedule sometimes it is hard to remember to log on I have made it a goal to do it now I haven't weighted food but I do measure everything based off of the serving. Size I work in a fasted paced whole sale produce market 5 ten hour days so I am constantly on the move . I have had this issue all threw my life not just now

I wouldn't determine that you have an issue until you have established accurate logging. It could be that you (like me and a lot of other people) are just terrible at estimating what you're eating.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Well, in that case, have you seen your doctor to verify you don't have any medical issues? Because I'd start there. Since you're so certain that logging is not your answer.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    The problem is you are not eating enough. Your body won't burn fat if it feels it isnt gettin enough to survive. This goes back to Caveman days when man did not have regular meals and would have to live off their fat if they didnt get a meal soon. What you need to do is trick your body into burning fat. Feed yourself 6 small meals a day, this does not just boost the metabolism but also tell your body it is safe to keep and build muscle. Muscle will burn fat up like crazy. If you are active and exercising with a poor diet you are doing more harm than good. You also need to add carbs, let the carbs fuel your body. Carb free diets do nothing but slow your metabolsim, you want the faster metabolism around, this allows for fat loss while watching TV

Did you even read what the OP has been writing or look at her diary? Probably NOT because her highest macro for the past 3 days has been CARBS. What she needs to be getting more of are fat and protein.

Also 1. Carb free diets do NOT slow metabolism.
    2. There is no need to "trick" your body to burn fat.
    3. You don't need to eat 6 small meals a day. Meal frequency and size won't matter when you look at the overall day.

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Getting used to it can be an adjustment. Try pre-logging each day the night before. Make ahead a large batch of something and portion it out for lunches/dinners so they are ready to go AND premeasured/weighed. Double check your entries that you're using (like the egg white example above that magically has 80 calories but no fat, protein, or carbs). Once that gets more comfortable, take a look and see if you're meeting your protein and fat targets.

• emili2013
    Options
    Yes I don't have internet at home so it would not let me search them but I had previously logged them so it allowed me to enter the calories
  • emili2013
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input I appreciate it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    The problem is you are not eating enough. Your body won't burn fat if it feels it isnt gettin enough to survive. This goes back to Caveman days when man did not have regular meals and would have to live off their fat if they didnt get a meal soon. What you need to do is trick your body into burning fat. Feed yourself 6 small meals a day, this does not just boost the metabolism but also tell your body it is safe to keep and build muscle. Muscle will burn fat up like crazy. If you are active and exercising with a poor diet you are doing more harm than good. You also need to add carbs, let the carbs fuel your body. Carb free diets do nothing but slow your metabolsim, you want the faster metabolism around, this allows for fat loss while watching TV

Not true. You don't not eat enough and not lose weight.

She's miscalculating intake.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »

Did you even read what the OP has been writing or look at her diary? Probably NOT because her highest macro for the past 3 days has been CARBS. What she needs to be getting more of are fat and protein.

Also 1. Carb free diets do NOT slow metabolism.
    2. There is no need to "trick" your body to burn fat.
    3. You don't need to eat 6 small meals a day. Meal frequency and size won't matter when you look at the overall day.

This.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Nice collection of bro-science.
    Where do people get this stuff from?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Maybe you eat a lot more than you think.
    Saw you use measuring cups

You have to weigh ALL your solid food
    Measuring is not accurate can make hundreds of calories of difference

See this short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • emili2013
    Options
    Well if the food I'm eat says the serving size is in cups that's what I measure in
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Well if the food I'm eat says the serving size is in cups that's what I measure in

That doesn't mean it's going to be accurate. Use a food scale for solids and cups only for liquids. I've no idea why so much food is given in cups first on the package, but cups are very inaccurate for solids.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

That doesn't mean it's going to be accurate. Use a food scale for solids and cups only for liquids. I've no idea why so much food is given in cups first on the package, but cups are very inaccurate for solids.

Don't they normally say something like 3tsp (15g) or what ever the conversion is?

At the moment i can't think of a single product that has just cups or table spoons for the serving sizes.
  • Emilia777
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Don't they normally say something like 3tsp (15g) or what ever the conversion is?

At the moment i can't think of a single product that has just cups or table spoons for the serving sizes.

I’ve seen it on most packaged vegetables, on pasta, on popcorn, but always with grams in brackets. What I meant is that I usually see cups listed first. I don’t know how I’m supposed to reliably measure a cup of broccoli florets lol. :smile:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

I’ve seen it on most packaged vegetables, on pasta, on popcorn, but always with grams in brackets. What I meant is that I usually see cups listed first. I don’t know how I’m supposed to reliably measure a cup of broccoli florets lol. :smile:

That's why people are saying to weigh it in grams, not cups.

Also broccoli and a few other vegetables probably aren't the most important to weigh. I don't think there is much difference in calories between 100g and 150g.

Things like meat, oil, nuts, peanut butter are the things I would be more likely to weigh. Things that are calorie dense.

But probably easier to just weigh most things, create a habit.
  • Emilia777
    Options

That's why people are saying to weigh it in grams, not cups.

Also broccoli and a few other vegetables probably aren't the most important to weigh. I don't think there is much difference in calories between 100g and 150g.

Things like meat, oil, nuts, peanut butter are the things I would be more likely to weigh. Things that are calorie dense.

But probably easier to just weigh most things, create a habit.

I’m one of those people, so I agree that measuring in grams is the way to do. I don’t use cups, and think it’s silly to list them as a unit of measurement on the packaging. I even weigh the garlic I use in my stir-frys, so I definitely do weigh the veggies lol. I concur that the margin of error can cause more damage for calorie-dense foods though.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Maybe you eat a lot more than you think.
    Saw you use measuring cups

You have to weigh ALL your solid food
    Measuring is not accurate can make hundreds of calories of difference

See this short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

This video has just completely put it into perspective for me, thank you
  • emili2013
    Options
    Thanks guys this is all very helpful I eat a lot of veggies and fruits I'm not a big meat or dairy eater