In need of help, my scale isn't moving

Options
I am new to tracking consistently, and have done so for the past month. I have decreased my caloric intake, and upped my activity. However, my scale keeps fluctuating between the same 2-3 pounds. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I wish I could tell you , Im having the same problem. I cant seem to stay on 199 and it keeps going up to 200-203.I heard if you dont eat enough you could gain, so Im eating my 1200calories and better.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food, or measuring? There can be a great deal of difference. Are you eating the calories that have been calculated for you, or did you put in a # that you thought was right?
  • sissy60504
    sissy60504 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am measuring my food. I originally was using their numbers which was 1200 per day but found that a bit too extreme for me so I reduced my goal and it changed my calories so now it's at 1450.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? If you do exercise, do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    it is a myth that if u don't eat enough u gain. it is in no way true. if u believe u are accurately measuring then opening your diary is the best way to see what is happening
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Food weighing/measuring could help you. Also you should look into body measuring instead of soley relying on the scale.
  • sissy60504
    Options
    I don't know how to open my diary. I thought it was open
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    its under settings on your own page
  • sissy60504
    Options
    Thanks. I found it.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    If you have not already, go the the "Getting Started" section of the message boards and read the topics posted at the top of the page.
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    so what i am noticing is alot of generalized recipes. probably not your own spaghetti and meat sauce. nothing is weighed. for dinner portions are u just eyeballing? for snacks are u actually accurately portioning them out? a half a cup of popcorn is like 15 kernels
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    also i will take this morning as an example. cosco bacon 3 slices for 135 cals? did u get that off the package? seems low my bacon is 120 cals a single slice. biscuit for 90........ is that accurate?
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    so what i am noticing is alot of generalized recipes. probably not your own spaghetti and meat sauce. nothing is weighed. for dinner portions are u just eyeballing? for snacks are u actually accurately portioning them out? a half a cup of popcorn is like 15 kernels

All of this. Most of your entries seem to be logged in cups. When people asked if you're weighing your food, they meant weighing. With a food scale. If you're not weighing stuff already start doing so, but for a few days measure out what you would have eaten first then weigh it to see if it actually was the portion you thought it was. You may be surprised.
  • sissy60504
    Options
    I do not weigh. I simply measure with measuring cups. Also I do use a lot of the generalized items. For example this morning I snagged a biscuit with 3 half strips bacon from cafeteria so I don't have packaged values in those.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    sissy60504 wrote: »
    I do not weigh. I simply measure with measuring cups. Also I do use a lot of the generalized items. For example this morning I snagged a biscuit with 3 half strips bacon from cafeteria so I don't have packaged values in those.

For things that you can't know for sure (like from a cafeteria) then fair enough, but for everything you can definitely weigh it.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely start weighing, it can be a pain to get into the habit of, but it's an eye opener. You can't always weigh, but when you can, do. Even that fiber one bar that swears it's a certain size...might not be.
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    sissy60504 wrote: »

i will just give a quick example of what your breakfast might have been if u knew what u were eating- 3 strips of bacon from my package is 360 cals. 1 biscuit is 200. was there butter on that biscuit? add another 100. plus the coke for 160 is a total of 820 cals. u have it logged as i think 460. thats a huge difference for just one meal. if u are going to guess, because sometimes u have to, pick the higher calorie enteries. its more likely to be accurate
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I never got all the food-scale hype until I saw it explained.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing your food accurately.

thats the problem.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh my food, I have lost 112 pounds....ijs. I did in the beginning to be in "compliance" but found it was time consuming and annoying. Im not saying to not measure, I just don't.