So worried :(

Options
I am on a journey to lose 100lb, i am 23 and have been this weight for many 2 years now. I am slowly losing the weight but i am so so scared of lose skin, it makes me almost feel sick. I keep getting told due to my age and weight and as i haven't been overweight most of my life and i don't really have stretch marks.. it shouldn't be too bad if any, but i cant help it. I am 254lb and want to be around 145-154. I know it'll be better than the excess weight, its just so scary :(

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    What is actually scary is thinking that you'd be better off at 254 lbs. May not have any physical issues at this point in life, but it can happen. Losing weight and have loose skin (if it were to happen) should be the least of those worries. People can lose slowly and healthfully and still maintain decent skin.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the loose skin that you don't even have yet shouldn't be making you this "scared". Sounds like an excuse already.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight slowly and cross that bridge when you get there. At your age, there's a good chance you won't get the loose skin if you go slow.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds in less than a year at more than twice your age and I don't have loose skin.

You'll either get some or you won't, but that's the least of your potential problems if you're nearly double your target weight.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight at a slow and steady pace. Exercise and strength train. You're 23; your skin is fairly elastic and you should be able to achieve the toned look you're after. But whether you do or you don't, you'll likely be adding YEARS to your life by losing the weight. Alive and healthy with a bit of loose skin sure beats the alternative, IMHO.
  • slimmingbutterfly
    slimmingbutterfly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow, I did say and i quote

"I know it'll be better than the excess weight, its just so scary"
  • Teenie0916
    Teenie0916 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you're still young so you're skin will probably bounce right back. Lose the weight slowly and moisturize your skin to keep it nourished. You should be OK
  • slimmingbutterfly
    Options
    MelRC it is exceptionally scary to someone with BDD and an ex anorexic, exceptionally.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 40, I have lost about 90 lbs. so far and I have no loose skin yet. I have "mushier" fat as I still have 90 lbs. to go but I have not noticed loose skin and my stretch marks on my shoulders have become narrower and fainter if that makes sense. I have also noticed I don't have knee pain, my sleep is better, my mood is better, my face looks younger, and women are paying me more attention. There are trade offs for everything in life. Best wishes.
  • slimmingbutterfly
    Options
    thankyou Humbold. Congrats on your weightloss thus far! xx
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    MelRC it is exceptionally scary to someone with BDD and an ex anorexic, exceptionally.

This is information that should be included in your first post though. It will change the answers you receive. When I read your first post, my response was "well that's pretty silly". But now that I know about your history, I'm more inclined to understand your fear, and thus provide support and help.

Anyway, I've lost 77 pounds, and I do have a bit of loose skin. It's shrinking, slowly. But I'm older than you and I've had two babies, so that contributes some I'm sure.

Try to focus on the positive changes you're making and the good you're doing your body, and tackle the skin issue if it becomes an issue.

Good luck.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options

No where in your post did you put that though?

Focus on the benefits of losing weight. Incorporate strength training. I had lost 90 pounds when I was 23/24 and I had been overweight for a majority of my life and had a small amount of loose skin. I did both cardio and strength.

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i think lose skin will be minimal for u. i have lose skin on my stomach but it's 90% from my huge pregnancies. i dislike it so i will probably have a tummy tuck. not the end of the world. no matter what i still look better and feel 100% better than i did 65lbs ago
  • slimmingbutterfly
    Options
    i did say i know i would it would be better than being my current way, i think that sort of implies i know i am being silly. It isn't excuses already btw, i haven't binged in such a long time now i am making progress, but i have days like today where i get worries. Which is totally normal imo, when you have such a huge journey a head of you.