Getting bored ...

Options
bububer
bububer Posts: 3 Member
Hello!

I think one of my issues is having the same meals/food all the time nowadays as I know they are healthy/low calorie etc!

I need some new ideas of yummy, easyish to make meals that are low calorie

Thanks x

Replies

• jennytwohands
    jennytwohands Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made a low cal breaded fish sandwich the other day that was a nice change for me. Just made a simple coating with breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp of cayenne, garlic power and dried parsley, no egg wash needed. Just dredge your cod, haddock etc. fillet in the mixture and broil for 4 minutes each side. I made a little dressing with greek yogurt, relish, minced onion and some low-fat mayo, but they're good with just the mayo too. Even with a small bun they were only 267 cals and really tasty. Even the kids loved them.

Also I find stuffing my chicken breasts with some asparagus, spinach, and feta really adds to it without crazy calories. Half a breast is tons when there's lots of nice veggies and flavours inside.

Good luck!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.cookinglight.com
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What do you consider to be low calorie?
  • bububer
    bububer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha what a good question .... I don't really know ?! I want to lose weight basically. So any ideas to shake up what I'm eating but still be able to lose weight! Hope that makes sense

Thanks others for the ideas the chicken that's a great idea for something a bit different! Will check out those websites too !!

X