Night shifts anyone?

Options
Hi, wondering what people eat when they work nights and what times? I work 13 hour shifts, mixture of days & nights but I find it so difficult to know what's best on nights!

I tend to have my meal before I go to work (17.30), porridge and banana about 02.00 then cereal when I get in (07.45). Then straight to sleep. Not the best.

Looking forward to hearing replies & ideas :) x

(Sorry if this has already been covered!)

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not quite clear on what your question is?

What you're eating now is just fine if it's within your calorie goals. No need to have a special diet just because you're on night shift.
  • ag08800
    ag08800 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work evening/night shifts. Raw fruits/nuts and snacks like bananas, apples, oranges, and/or almonds.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not quite clear on what your question is?

What you're eating now is just fine if it's within your calorie goals. No need to have a special diet just because you're on night shift.

This.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I've worked the night shift for years. I pack my lunch, usually try to eat around 4:30 p.m., usually breakfast foods and at least one or 2 vegetables. At work I try to eat around 2 a.m. usually a sandwich or 3 oz of meat with a half cup of rice, and berries, cheese and crackers. When i get home, I'll eat frozen grapes. Usually ravished when I get home, so I plan snacks to eat within my calories. I log midnight to midnight. I hope that I was able to help.
  • lukehaughey648
    lukehaughey648 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I start a 5pm shift, I'll still try to stick to my routine of eating every 2-3hours.
    Eat throughout the day as normal and use that time to prep 2-3 meals for on shift. I stop eating around 10pm latest even if I don't get to sleep until around 6.30-7. Easy to fall into the habit of a Maccies breakfast