Reintroducing myself- My story and now bout with Anxiety

Options
So where do I start. So 3 years back I had Big success with myfitnesspal. I kicked butt and lost over 50 pounds. This past September, I had my first instance of vertigo and it through me into bad tailspin. After one week, I developed anxiety and now im still dealing with it.

So about a month ago, I started taking Celexa and it has made me gain weight. Im looking for friends or anyone on here to help a brother out on trying to beat this thing and for tips to lose weight while on the drug.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated and im glad to be back here.

Replies

• AME1025
    AME1025 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I think if you can just stick to your routine that worked for you in the past it will help a lot. I take medication for depression and it has changed me in a very positive way. I think depending on a medication to feel "normal" is it's own version of anxiety. I've had issues with anxiety too. I feel for you, I do. I think too making a choice to practice positive behaviors rather than dwell on the woulda-shoulda-coulda's helps. Life is short and we all have a choice to be positive or negative.

It's helped me and may help you to practice positive thoughts and behaviors. Think about the things that make YOU feel good. If there is something bothering you, work it out. Dwelling on a thought of what you can't do is silly really. Especially if it's something you've done before or are actually doing now so obviously you CAN do it.

My mom always said you can do anything as long as you know it's not forever. My good friend just got done with chemo and radiation and is grateful for eyelashes. You lose all your hair going through that. For a woman your hair is a symbol of your femininity. To be grateful for eyelashes seems so simple but so encouraging too. If you have eyelashes then you're doing pretty good! :smiley: Remember to breath too! Youtube has some great videos that teach breathing exercises to help with anxiety. I really like the triangle breathing exercise. The gist of it is that you breath in for a count of say 8 and breath out for a count of 12, or as much as you can. The trick is to breath out more than you breath in. It helps me.

Good luck and have a good day! :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm on two different anti-depressants and an anti-anxiety. I've lost 77 pounds on them - it can be done.

When you say Celexa has made you gain weight - do you mean you're eating a deficit and still gaining, or that you're hungrier than usual, so you're eating more?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    im eating on my deficit and still gaining
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    im eating on my deficit and still gaining

And how are you measuring your deficit? I don't see anything in your diary here.
  • raven56706
    Options
    since i have been at this for awhile im just coming back and starting to sync my head back to myfitnesspals guide lines. but i will begin on saturday with strict inputing of my food.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    since i have been at this for awhile im just coming back and starting to sync my head back to myfitnesspals guide lines. but i will begin on saturday with strict inputing of my food.

That will help with your weight issues. If you're not tracking, you don't really know if you've been in a deficit or not, right? We can guess, but we don't really know for sure. I think once you start, you'll be able to reach your goal!

Also, my anxiety is greatly helped by yoga. It's great for the body, too.
  • raven56706
    Options
    oh of course. definitely. Looking to make new friends on here that are kind of in the same boat like me. Maybe some tips or whatever to get back into the swing of things. New friends would be greatly appreciated.

This is a tough road for me and i didnt expect to ever have it but its done. I have it. Now its time to move forward and beat this thing
  • raven56706
    Options
    bumping for more friends or anyone else in the same boat