I am so tired lately

Options
I just hit my first goal of 10 pounds lost..woohooo....but this past week I have been feeling SO tired and I am not sure why since I am eating healthy for the most part and the past 7 days I havent even really worked out..I went to the gym once. I have also been getting a good amount of sleep.

Any ideas/suggestions of why this might be?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your logging looks like it may have some gaps, but if it is accurate you are consuming a very low number of calories. Low calorie consumption can impact your energy.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would wager, after looking at your diary, that your deficit is too much. Your daily goal is 1600, why do you have days with 900 calories? That's the reason, your body is screaming for fuel.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    On the weekends mostly, I forget to log most of the things I am eating so the logs are not accurate for those days.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    On the weekends mostly, I forget to log most of the things I am eating so the logs are not accurate for those days.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Are you saying that your logs for the weekend are inaccurate and the logs for weekdays are? If so, your low calorie consumption during the week (well below 1,200) is probably what is contributing to your low energy.
  • pylonic
    pylonic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I go through times where fatigue is really bad. For me right now all the trees and things are pollinating like crazy-my allergies cause a lot of fatigue for me....not sure where you live or if you have allergies but they can be a culprit
  • MommaBear1977
    MommaBear1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, then I realized I wasn't hitting my protein target and that's crucial especially after work outs. And keep hydrated.
  • scratchdesk
    scratchdesk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me I found that after cleaning up my diet, working out and only having caffeine in the morning helped my sleep pattern a ton. Not sure if you have or need caffeine after noon or so but that may be worth a try. I don't toss and turn much and feel like I have a lot more "quality" sleep time. Now I feel well rested after 6 hours and if I can push it to 7 or 8 all the better.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your calorie intake looks extremely low, and your diet's pretty low in protein to boot. Try to get some more calories and make most of them protein.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Eat more.