Tired of the chunky dunk!

Hey y'all!

Nichole here from GA. I'm trying to lose 50 lbs.... Have recently quit the YUCK habit of smoking.... Eat better... Live healthier... And just have a more active lifestyle! Looking for advice on meal suggestions, exercise that really burns the calories, and any other weight loss tips anyone has B)

Replies

• KathyCushman1
    KathyCushman1 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey Nichole! I am new also! And same here, "Tired of the Chunky Dunk!" Oh and my little sister is getting married in June to top it off! I had knee surgery in Dec, but what I used to do before that is the extreme body work out it is $14.00 and is a knock off of the px - 90, but much more do- able .
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Find food that you like to eat that will fit your calories/find lower calorie recipes to food you love. Make sustainable changes (make changes you can live with). Eat what MFP (or another calculator) tells you to eat, not what you think you need to eat. Weigh your food, don't just measure it. Don't give up after a bad day, just get back to the way you want to live!
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited April 2015
    Its 90% diet and 10% exercise. Get your intake level in order 1st ( calories, macros ), set a reasonable deficit goal, and get moving at least 3 days a week.

Any exercise is better than nothing ... find something you enjoy and can maintain a regular schedule doing. Caloric burn rate while exercising is a factor of your size, intensity of activity, and duration... the specific exercise has no bearing.

If your looking to maintain/gain muscle mass/definition, you will want to be vigilant in meeting your protein macro goal, and to incorporate some strength training exercises.