Text or KIK weight loss accountability buddy?

Options
DeeMoray
DeeMoray Posts: 16 Member
Hi! I'm a 24 year old female from Nebraska, and I'm interested in finding a few people who would be interested in being text or KIK buddies. (I prefer text but also understand some people feel uncomfortable giving out their phone number.)

I have always struggled with my weight, but ever since high school I had been hanging around at maybe 15 lbs overweight or so. I never felt comfortable with my body as it was, and then after taking on a stressful job after college- I gained another 50 lbs.! I'm still having a hard time believing I gained this much weight in a relatively small period of time (a couple years). I don't feel comfortable with myself at all anymore, and I'm having a much harder time losing weight than I did when I was younger. I definitely eat out of stress/boredom now, and sometimes eat things I never would have DREAMED of eating in high school/college. I decided to start counting my calories a couple weeks ago. It lasted a week and then I just stopped. :/

I really need some motivation now. The thing is- I KNOW how to lose weight. I have done it in the past. I think if I could just have someone to be accountable to, and to help make sure I track calories and track my weight- I could really get off to a good start and gain some momentum.

I have a lot to offer as well if you are looking for some accountability with your weight loss- I have lost weight successfully in the past and can help keep you motivated as well!

I'm in the central time zone, and I would be available for support from around 8:30 am to 3:00 pm or so. After that time work gets pretty hectic for the rest of the evening. I get home around 7:30 usually. On the weekends I am off so could communicate pretty much at any time as long as I'm awake. lol

Starting on May 18th, I probably won't be available much until 5 or 6 pm on weekdays- but I know nighttime eating is problem for a lot of people (me included!). I will still be off and available on weekends.

I'd be up for doing whatever you think would help with our weight loss- weekly weigh-ins, sending each other photos of the food we eat, exchanging meal ideas, etc.! I have had a few "weight loss buddies" in the past, but they always end up just giving up on it. I'm guessing this happens because they are falling off the weight loss wagon. lol

I had been considering getting a weight watchers coach, or at least signing up to be able to do the 24/7 chat, but I figured I would try a "free" option first!

I would really, really like to find someone committed.

I'm also willing to use any other messaging apps as long as I can download them for iPhone.

Let me know if you're interested!

I hope the bolding didn't make this seem like an advertisement- I just wanted to be helpful for people just "skimming".

Replies

• supersonic_oink
    supersonic_oink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to be your texting weight loss buddy. I am in a pretty similar place - 24 year old female who gained a large amount of weight rapidly. I am looking to lose around 60lbs. I'm in BC which is 2 hrs behind you, though!
  • neswanson24
    neswanson24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also would be interested if you are still looking. I'm in Nebraska and 21 looking to get in shape. Have a ways to go to reach my goal.
  • Fitwithit80
    Fitwithit80 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me on kik...same user name as my mfp:)